Hotel Shootings in Mumbai, India (MERGED) - Page 7

Hotel Shootings in Mumbai, India (MERGED)

This is a discussion on Hotel Shootings in Mumbai, India (MERGED) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Visual perceptions are the most noticeable (thanks, geezer!) but it also gives hearing distortions, increases the tactile senses tremendously, and wreaks havoc with your sense ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Hotel Shootings in Mumbai, India (MERGED)

Visual perceptions are the most noticeable (thanks, geezer!) but it also gives hearing distortions, increases the tactile senses tremendously, and wreaks havoc with your sense of balance. It's difficult to describe to someone who hasn't had it, but geezer is right. And yes, speed of any kind would probably be good for a different kind of disassociation. Gotta move; gotta do; no time to think. Kill? Sure. (bang!) What's next? What's next? Hurry up hurryuphurryup.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

I personally think it is Time's way of excusing what was done. If they can blame it on drugs then that negates the absolute hatred the terrorists have for humanity.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I don't think they hate humanity. That's a little too general. Hate anyone who's not like them, yes. Zenophobia in the extreme.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Does not the koran forbid the murder of innocents like women and children. It would seem that use of drugs for combat would be no biggie compared to murder. Afterall they are using drugs for holy battle.
    Did the amok moslems of the Phillipines that the US troops fought in the early 1900's use drugs? These were the guys that .38 colt pistol bullets would not stop.

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    I don't think they hate humanity. That's a little too general. Hate anyone who's not like them, yes. Zenophobia in the extreme.
    True, good point on my generalizations.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I personally think it is Time's way of excusing what was done. If they can blame it on drugs then that negates the absolute hatred the terrorists have for humanity.
    I don't think it's a mitigating factor at all. I think it's an aggravating factor... it shows the extent to which they go to plan and carry out a prolonged seige. I don't think anyone would excuse it, or try to.

I do know that the US Government did some testing in the 50's and 60's and 70's with LSD, having subjects perform "various military tasks"... I do not know what the results of those tests were. I do know that they did find it wasn't good as a form of "chemical weapon," because subjects on which it was used would remain "extremely violent" while under its influence.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

"This explains why they managed to battle the commandos for over 50 hours with no food or sleep."
    I failed to see where there is proof than none ate or slept.

Kasab also said the gunmen took amphetamines to stay alert during the attacks, the security officials said.
    Mumbai gunman promised cash - Terror in Mumbai- msnbc.com
    So sure, they took drugs, but that doesn't mean they didn't eat or sleep.

Even if they didn't eat or sleep, going for that long in combat isn't all that unusual.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Did the amok moslems of the Phillipines that the US troops fought in the early 1900's use drugs?
    I can't find any real evidence that the Moro juramentados used drugs in preparation for their attacks. There's a good account about them here: Swish of the Kris - 14. Juramentados and Amuks. Seems to have been mostly fanaticism wrapped up in ritual. Still, a fascinating (yet abhorrent) phenomenon.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Our rights are God given. Similarly, our morals are also God given. They are unchanging no matter what laws a society enacts or how poorly the people behave.

Yes, many of the Founders were amoral, if not immoral men. Jefferson is probably the greatest example of the supreme hypocrite. He wrote eloquently of freedom yet not only held humans captive, but fathered children with them, as well. You can justify that as a societal norm, but it was most clearly and obviously immoral.

Morals are most definitely unchanging.
    Hugely insulting to agnostics and atheists...can they not also be moral human beings? Morals do not come from god - god has at various times supported slavery, genocide, murder, torture, and every other conceivable "evil" that you can think of. Depending on your god of choice, he/she/it/they still do today.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    I do know that the US Government did some testing in the 50's and 60's and 70's with LSD, having subjects perform "various military tasks"... I do not know what the results of those tests were.
    A strange Tim Robbins movie called "Jacob's Ladder."
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Does not the koran forbid the murder of innocents like women and children. It would seem that use of drugs for combat would be no biggie compared to murder. Afterall they are using drugs for holy battle.
    Did the amok moslems of the Phillipines that the US troops fought in the early 1900's use drugs? These were the guys that .38 colt pistol bullets would not stop.
    Most every major religion forbids murder - but everyone makes exceptions. It's not hard for anyone to justify just about any act on religious grounds. You just have to be willing to twist your beliefs enough.

It is done all the time and is what makes these types of people so dangerous - because they believe so strongly in what they are doing without regard to reason or logic.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    A strange Tim Robbins movie called "Jacob's Ladder."
    Hah! I remember that movie. I found one article...but they were using LSD as a incapacitating agent, rather than an "aggressor" agent.

Any gov't experiments that result in strange Tim Robbins movies should be ended post-haste.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Hugely insulting to agnostics and atheists...can they not also be moral human beings? Morals do not come from god - god has at various times supported slavery, genocide, murder, torture, and every other conceivable "evil" that you can think of. Depending on your god of choice, he/she/it/they still do today.
    I did not mean to be insulting. And I will not get into any religious debate here.

I will say that those who think they can be moral without belief in God have been surrounded by family members, friends, teachers and mentors, who from infant years, have instilled our morals. Morals are not invented nor do they come from thin air (or a corporate board meeting.)

And I would ask one question. Where do our rights come from?

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Morals are not invented nor do they come from thin air (or a corporate board meeting.)

And I would ask one question. Where do our rights come from?
    Morals come from empathy. Rights come from the LawGiver, like in Planet of the Apes!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Sponsored Links