Bad: Clerk shot during CVS robbery

This is a discussion on Bad: Clerk shot during CVS robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Clerk shot during Dale Mabry CVS robbery | 10connects.com | Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater Clerk complied then was shot anyway....

Thread: Bad: Clerk shot during CVS robbery

Bad: Clerk shot during CVS robbery

2. Remove Ads

Amazing... What a world. Good people trying to earn a living preyed upon by animals.

Employees are banned from carrying defensive weapons while at work.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    Amazing... What a world. Good people trying to earn a living preyed upon by animals.

Employees are banned from carrying defensive weapons while at work.
    I would be armed anyway -- my life is more important than any job.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

another piece of crack scum that needs to go to prison.

also i don't see how the clerk could have been shot,as he went along w/what Sarah Brady says to do if robbed.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Now here is an example where if I were in the store and this dirtbag shot the clerk, I'm going to fire from an isle and try to put his lights out permanently. I don't think anyone is going to ask why this BG had 6 .45 caliber holes in his back and head. OMO, yours may vary!
    The clerk complied and then was shot.
    There is no reason to expect that this guy wouldn't shoot anyone else in the store.

I occasionally enter these 'stop N robs', and I never take my eyes off the door or patrons inside...shady looking types are given space and proper target range.

Stay armed...always have a plan...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I frequent CVS quite frequently although I never like to go in any type of store late at night. I seem to be on a higher alert in a CVS than in most other stores. Reflecting on this it came down to the fact that there was no way to see in - prior to entering - or out of the store as the windows ( at least around here ) are high up and those you can see are covered with ads. So I always do a quick scan when entering the store and check the expressions on the clerks and the movements the best I can of others before proceeding down any aisle.

""Now here is an example where if I were in the store and this dirtbag shot the clerk, I'm going to fire from an isle and try to put his lights out permanently.

The clerk complied and then was shot.

There is no reason to expect that this guy wouldn't shoot anyone(OR EVERYONE) else in the store.""

+++++
    bosco

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    Animals, to think that someone could do that. That is why we do what we do. What an eye opener
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

VIP Member
    Lets just hope when the cops catch up to the scumbag he resists and takes a full load of 00 buckshot!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I went to the web site and read "strange to see a robbery in that area".... It can happen anywhere. Every clerk knows the dangers. I worked at a local place back in the 1980's and I did what I though was needed to keep myself safe. (enough said on that subject). I was in a safe area, but was always on alert. I thank God that I was friends with the local PD, was involved with their Auxiliary program and had already received a few years of training. I can remember one or two times when I might have kept an incident from progressing because of being on alert. I only did it for 6 months, but I learned tons from doing it. Then I went to delivery pizza's....that was much safer.
    Lesson reinforced. There are animals among us that will think nothing of snuffing your life out for your car, money or just for kicks and giggles.

Situational awareness is so important to these clerks, but I don't know how many times i've gone into the local stores and it's over a minute before the clerk comes out from inside the cooler where they are stocking beer or such. I wouldn't do that work for twice what they used to pay us and I wouldn't do it alone.

Just wondering, since employee's aren't permitted to be armed, isn't the store implying it was responsible to protect it's employees? (I know the answer to this one already)

I am making a copy of every violent crime like this, and in the event I shoot some BG in the back of the head in a stop and rob place I can tell them just why I did it.

There is no reasonable line of thought that would lead me to believe my life would not be in danger even if he got what he wanted. After all he may have just wanted to see what it felt like to shoot someone, or to get respect from his friends, all I know is I am not going to give him the chance to get the first shot off at me.

ntkb, that's actually a very prudent defensive legal move. I would print out a few hard copies as well and keep them in a "defense" file. These could go a long way in court as to proving what was in your mind when you pulled the trigger on the armed miscreant in your home or elsewhere.

Links