Man Shot Sister's Boyfriend With Arrow

This is a discussion on Man Shot Sister's Boyfriend With Arrow within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; FOXNews.com - Police: Man Shot Sister's Boyfriend With Arrow - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News Police: Man Shot Sister's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man Shot Sister's Boyfriend With Arrow

FOXNews.com - Police: Man Shot Sister's Boyfriend With Arrow - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Police: Man Shot Sister's Boyfriend With Arrow
    Monday, December 01, 2008

WASHINGTON COURT HOUSE, Ohio — Police say a southern Ohio man twice shot at his sister's boyfriend with a bow and arrow, missing the first time but grazing the man's head and wounding him on the second try.

Washington Court House police say James Wilson burst into the home of 47-year-old David Routte early Sunday morning and kicked in the door to the bedroom where Routte was sleeping.

Police say Wilson was upset with Routte for how he was treating Wilson's sister. A police report says Wilson's first shot lodged in a pillow.

Police spokesman Jeff Ruth says the second shot could easily have killed Routte, who later received stitches at Fayette County Memorial Hospital.

Police say Wilson is facing a felonious assault charge. Phone numbers for Wilson and Routte could not be found in online directories.
    Someone needs some more range time.

Oh, wait, that's not what I meant to say...

What? No public outcry to ban the bows or impose a 5000% tax on the arrows?

Randy

More range time for sure! I hit a squirrel this year at 15yds. I am sure this guy was bigger than that.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

VIP Member
    Maybe he was using a longbow, those things are not easy to shoot with accuracy, unless you practice a lot!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Robin Hood strikes again
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

This is the second story in three weeks that I've read directly in regard to bows being used in criminal acts with intent.

- Bo and Luke Duke
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Police say Wilson was upset with Routte for how he was treating Wilson's sister.
    So just go beat the hell out of him, don't shot the man with an arrow. 30 days for battery is better than life for murder!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Great, another story hits the media picking on us archers. I was hoping to keep atleast 1 sport I enjoyed.

>>---->
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

me
    HMMMM and someone here at church wanted me, the youth minister, to take a 15 year old to buy a bow and arrow because his mom wouldn't.

And when I said no I dont take others to buy deadly weapons my sr minister claimed bows aren't weapons.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

me,

Here is a bit of historical info regarding the bow and arrow as a weapon to share with your Sr. Minister...

State Seal

The State Seal, adopted by Governor John Hancock and the Council on December 13, 1780 and made official by the General Court on June 4, 1885, is circular and bears a representation of the arms of the Commonwealth encircled with the words, "Sigillum Reipublicae Massachusettensis" (Seal of the Republic of Massachusetts). The final form of the seal was determined by a statewide contest.

The arms, according to legislative enactment, consist of "a shield having a blue field or surface with an Indian thereon, dressed in a shirt and moccasins, holding in his right hand a bow, and in his left hand an arrow, point downward, all of gold; and, in the upper corner of the field, above his right arm, a silver star with five points. The crest is a wreath of blue and gold, on which in gold is a right arm, bent at the elbow, clothed and ruffled, with the hand grasping a broadsword". The shield's shape is called "Plantagenet"; the Native American model used was of the Algonquin nation; the arrow points downward to indicate that the Indian is peaceful; and the star indicates that Massachusetts was one of the original thirteen states; it was sixth. The sword illustrates the Latin motto that is written in gold on a blue ribbon around the bottom of the shield: "Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem". This is the second of two lines written about 1659 by Algernon Sydney, English soldier and politician, in the Book of Mottoes in the King's Library in Copenhagen, Denmark. It was adopted in 1775 by the Provincial Congress and means, "By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty".

State Flag

The State Flag is white, bearing on both sides a representation of the coat of arms like the state seal (except that the five-pointed star is white instead of silver). It was approved in its final form on July 3, 1971; before that, the obverse side depicted a green pine tree.

Source - CIS: MA State Symbols
    Most definitely the bow & arrow is a weapon and long has been through human history long ago and current too.
    It is an 'arm'. And like most everything else in our physical world it too by intent of the operator can and is used as a "weapon". Key though being the mindset and ultimate intent of he, or she, that wields it.

BTW I agree with your position. If his parent/guardian says no then who are you to override that position. The boy has three years to go and after that a lifetime to make choices for himself on his own per his own mindset and intent.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Police say Wilson is facing a felonious assault charge.
    No attempted murder?!? What did he think would happen had there been a direct hit!
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

i don't think archery equipment should be banned, but i do think we need some common sense laws restricting who has access to it. and while i understand the need for a longbow, i don't see why someone would need a hi tech compund bow.....

Wouldn't an IWB bow make you limp?

This guy sounds like a Mall Ninja...first year trainee!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

Yeh, but pocket carry will poke you in the eye!

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post

Yeh, but pocket carry will poke you in the eye!
    Geez, that means an SOB would make my butt look fat?

>>---->
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links