BAD- Armored truck guy shot

This is a discussion on BAD- Armored truck guy shot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I had heard about this on the radio today, real sad I feel for his family. Little info so far but it doesn't sound good. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAD- Armored truck guy shot

I had heard about this on the radio today, real sad I feel for his family. Little info so far but it doesn't sound good.
    FOXNews.com - Man Shot in Apparent Armed Robbery at Mall - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
    The reason why I'm posting this that business is real slow and there is a add in the local paper for a part time armored driver. All that is required is commercial drivers lic. and LTC permit, I have both. Witch gets me thinking??? Nuts to apply??? I'll be just a big target, any body armor with these guys??? Worth the pay??? Any input would be helpful, thanks.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Bad: Guard Killed In Dadeland Mall Armored Car Robbery

cbs4.com - Guard Killed In Dadeland Mall Armored Car Robbery

KENDALL, Florida (CBS4) ― Miami-Dade police are searching for two gunmen who repeatedly shot and killed an armored truck guard at Dadeland Mall Monday morning.

According to Miami-Dade police spokesman Det. Alvaro Zabaleta, two gunmen remain on the loose after shooting a Dunbar armored truck guard around 11:15 a.m. outside the mall located on North Kendall Drive between US 1 and the 826 Palmetto Expressway.

Police say the guard was either picking up or delivering money at the Express clothing store when he was ambushed by two gunmen, and repeatedly shot.

The two gunmen then ran into and through Dadeland Mall to make their escape. Witnesses say they saw the men running through the mall carrying a bag of cash.

One shopper told CBS4's Gary Nelson it was a chaotic scene following the robbery and shooting. Another shopper told Nelson she saw police officers, with their guns drawn, running through the mall, as they tried to capture the suspects.

Police say the men made their getaway in a white Lincoln Continental.

The guard was airlifted to the Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital in critical condition. He died several hours later.

Miami-Dade police helicopters are flying over the mall, assisting officers on the ground, in the search for the suspects.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

That would ruin a shoppers day...I saw the footage on FOX and the EMTs were doing chest compressions on the driver as they loaded him into the ambulance, and his day is totally ruined!
    "Brains before Bullets"

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    Terrible. Reguards to the fallen's family
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Horrible. Don't armored truck personnel travel in pairs? If so, where was his partner?

Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    The reason why I'm posting this that business is real slow and there is a add in the local paper for a part time armored driver. Worth the pay??
    My .02 is like any job you can cut down on the risks but with people lossing their jobs and the holidays around the corner things can get bad real quick.

Most armored trucks have 2 guys but 1 guard stays in the back with the money kinda like a rolling vault and under no circumstance is allowed to open the doors even if his partner is getting robbed/shot.what his partner has is a small amount compared to what's inside as they travel their pickup route
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    JAT40 ...

I guess this wouldnt be one of my preferred occupations due to the nature of the job. You are always a target even if in jest. Somebody always has a "scheme" to knock of an armored car. If you need a job, I'm always looking for drywall hangers.

>>---->
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Sad day for a hard working man...hope the dirtbags are caught and spend the rest of their lives indoors or underground...either works.

At least armored truck drivers are armed...but still not an occupation I would choose.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by CBS
    ...repeatedly shot and killed an armored truck guard...

Not making light of the situation, but that blurb struck me as funny.

as if it were not enough to shoot him, but to kill him multiple times...

My prayers to this man's family.

One guy just try'n to make a live'n the honest way and another guy just try'n to make a live'n the easy way and guess which one looses most of the time when they meet.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    that sucks

What company does this?

I work for the same company and 2 is all you get maybe 3 when training.
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Most armored trucks have 2 guys but 1 guard stays in the back with the money kinda like a rolling vault and under no circumstance is allowed to open the doors even if his partner is getting robbed/shot.what his partner has is a small amount compared to what's inside as they travel their pickup route
    It comes a time in your life when you run across someone you should have never @#$$% with. Allow me to introduce myself!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I'm guessing that most armored jobs don't come with vests. My old security job didn't, but the first thing I did was to buy my own. Expensive equipment for a cheap job, but a good bet. I still have it. It is quite warm when I go hunting, and still protects me from idiot hunters.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    there is an ad in the local paper for a part time armored driver. All that is required is commercial drivers lic. and LTC permit, I have both.
    Unless that's your last resort for finding employment, I would advise against it. It's a more prominent target than grave shift at the local stop-n-rob, although it might pay a little better. Being openly armed is an invitation for BGs to attack with long guns... nothing you want to learn about first-hand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links