Another Bad One For Us

This is a discussion on Another Bad One For Us within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Wal-Mart Shopper Finds Gun In Cart - News Story - WTOV Steubenville STEUBENVILLE, Ohio -- Police said a Wal-Mart shopper found and took a gun ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Bad One For Us

Another Bad One For Us

Wal-Mart Shopper Finds Gun In Cart - News Story - WTOV Steubenville

STEUBENVILLE, Ohio -- Police said a Wal-Mart shopper found and took a gun left behind in a shopping cart.

Investigator said a man with a concealed carry permit forgot the .40 caliber Glock in the cart Wednesday afternoon.

Later, a man driving a red Dodge Ram pickup truck spotted the gun in the cart and put it in his truck, then continued shopping with a woman.

Police said even though the man found the gun, it is considered a stolen firearm.

Officers have the couple’s credit card information but are hoping they’ll turn the weapon in before police have to track them down and file felony charges.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    What is up with Ohio today. I am very disapointed with the bad news comming our way. I mean comeon guyslets show responsibility and accountability. OK....Break!
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

I remember when I was in college a University Cop left his in the restroom, and a professor found it. lol

Unbelievable.

I have NEVER left a handgun ANYWHERE!?!

A Wally-World SHOPPING CART?!?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    I have NEVER left a handgun ANYWHERE!?!

A Wally-World SHOPPING CART?!?
    +1 Why the heck would you take your gun out and put it in the cart? I take mine out when I am done shopping, but it is after I get in the car. I only do it then because it would be difficult to draw from the holster with the seat belt on.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Just what could he be thinking to cause this to happen?

I wonder if it was a woman rummaging through her purse and forgot to put it back in,but seriously I never forget my gun even If I use a stall "handicapped"when I leave I look to make sure I didn't drop or leave anything behind.Stories like these make people with CHL's look like irresponsible idiots
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Out of the house, my sidearm never leaves my body...NEVER! I may have to put in in pants or a coat pocket for a moment, but never does it get set down somewhere.

No excuse for this action...

Stay armed...this is not a game...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have to admit that I've left a big item or two on the bottom shelf of the cart, but my gun?

Somebody's gonna get a whuppin'!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    We all make mistakes but that one is completely unacceptable!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Hello!?! What was going through this guys head!?!

Leaving a loaded gun - what if a younger, untrained child found a "toy" gun, and began shooting his brothers and sisters?

Owning, using, and bearing a loaded weapon is a serious (deadly) responsibility!!

And what about the yahoo who is playing the "finder's keeper's"game? Dude, turn the gun in - man, it might not only be "hot" but could have been left behind by a criminal who was "ditching" it!!

Yikes!!!!!!!!
    Trying to leave as large a carbon footprint as possible.
    Shivering in the "heat"
    Innocent as doves, wise as serpents, armed like wolves.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. You find a gun in a shopping cart; do you decide it is your lucky day and decide to keep it, or try to find the owner?

"Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. You find a gun in a shopping cart; do you decide it is your lucky day and decide to keep it, or try to find the owner?

Personally, I would secure it and call the local PD and turn it over to them IMMEDIATELY! I would have them meet me at the scene, too.
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Absolute stupidity on both parties.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links