Violent Carjacking - Mobile, Alabama

This is a discussion on Violent Carjacking - Mobile, Alabama within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If the victim had shot the carjacker and this situation were the other way around - you'd hear the bad guy's mom on the news ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Violent Carjacking - Mobile, Alabama

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

If the victim had shot the carjacker and this situation were the other way around - you'd hear the bad guy's mom on the news saying how good her boy is and they shouldn't have shot him.

I'd have rather heard this the other way around - where the intended victim shot the car jacker instead.....

Carjacking victim's family speaks out | Fox10tv.com

Carjacking victim's
    family speaks out
    Last Edited: Thursday, 04 Dec 2008, 5:12 PM CST
    Created On: Thursday, 04 Dec 2008, 4:15 PM CST

April Douglas
    Liz Nelson
    Photojournalist: Guy Turnbow
    MOBILE, Ala. - Victor Reed, 22, was booked at the Metro Jail shortly after 2:00 p.m. Thursday afternoon. He's charged with robbery and attempted murder. That carjacking happened in October. Now, the victim's mother is speaking out.

Maecheryl White speaks from the heart when it comes to her 34-year-old son Larry Herman. Right now, Herman is at USA Hospital, paralyzed after a violent carjacking.

"What they did was horrible," said White. "Each day you pick up the newspaper and hear of another carjacking case and a family that's been destroyed."

White's son became the victim of violent crime in October, when he was shot twice at the corner of Adams and North Ann Street, he was heading home from his girlfriend's.

One bullet pierced his spine, the other struck his face. White wants her sons attacker brought to justice. And after a starring role on Fox 10's Fugitive files' police say he was.

Victor Reed was arrested not far from the scene of the crime.

"I want him punished because he has taken my sons life away from him," said White. "He's having a hard time, he has to rehab on his body as well as his mind."

But without insurance he isn't able to get it.

Unfortunately,White isn't sure what she is going to do. As for caring for him at home, she's got a hospital bed but no mattress and still needs a breathing machine.
    Last edited by pgrass101; December 9th, 2008 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Quoted story
    For God, Family and Country!

VIP Member
    Car jacker is probably laughing about it too. The jerk should get a short trip to the execution chamber, but we know that won't happen. Instead he will probably be back on the streets before his victim is out of rehab.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Innocent guy minding his own business shot twice and now his life is ruined. I would volunteer for the firing squad on that dirt bag attacker.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Why a firing squad?? Let the victims family have him, they'd serve better justice.

That being said, now let the comments come as to how horrible or bad I am for saying that.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

TOF
    Had it been the other way around, we would be paying for a mattress and breathing machine for the worthless scum.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    Why a firing squad?? Let the victims family have him, they'd serve better justice.

That being said, now let the comments come as to how horrible or bad I am for saying that.
    I can't disagree with your reasoning.
    I believe every court house should have a rope or two out front as a reminder to anyone considering violent crimes against humanity.

Cruel & unusual punishment? You bet.
    Ritalin - So much easier than parenting.

This is a good example of why I carry, and am an active observer of people.

Not saying he should have seen him coming or that had the victim been armed he'd have been able to do anything.
    But for myself in looking for persons as I walk and drive who to me might seem 'off' and in being a person who does carry arms my odds of success should such a situation same or similar occur are greater toward survival than without either.
    Further if I'm going to be killed or maimed as this man has been then I want to go down if not out having fought like an animal, by any means necessary.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post

That's horrible using a gun to exact vengeance,I got a rope that I ain't using
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

have you ever read diary accounts from the middle and late 1800's? Men wrote about how they'd rather be shot than hanged. You can find these diary's online to get the full descriptions of what these men thought about being hung and how bad they perceived it to be. Now doubt that was a deterent. Also, criminals steared clear of judges or sheriffs they knew to hand down death sentences. They even disliked jail. Now, most criminals are not concerned with jail.

Yep. ^^

Hanging was deemed to be the worst way to go.
    And prisons were down right inhumane places no one wanted to be caught and taken to alive. When you got out you sure as heck did not want to go back in, back then.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Hey now, what kind of talk is that? These poor guys had bad childhoods and you people won't cut'm a little slack. Most of them are in the process of turning their lives around and they're actually good people at heart. If you don't believe that, just ask their mothers. Right!
    Last edited by Rusty Bouquett; December 10th, 2008 at 12:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Bouquett View Post
    Hey now, what kind of talk is that? These poor guys had bad childhoods and you people won't cut'm a little slack. Most of them are in the process of turning their lives around and they're actually good people at heart. If you don't believe that, just ask their mothers. Right!
    Sorry man. Just a little sick and tired.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Send him to work in the prison hog farm with corn cob underwear.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Sad story...hope the scumbags meet a victim who is armed and ready!

These types of crimes should be a wake-up call to all , but it's not.
    I watch everyone when I'm out in public. No one should be able to approach you without some notice of them.

i stay away from dark areas, lonely streets (unless I'm going the speed limit), and store parking lots (as much as possible). I try to see ANY movement in and around my wife and I when we are out.

Stay armed...watch everyone...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Retsupt -- I do that too, and I try to encourage others (mostly sheep) to also maintain decent S.A. -- I have told them that even if you don't carry, good S.A. will often save you or keep you out of harms' way. But the problem is, the sheep just don't listen! I guess you have to have the mindset that goes with being a warrior. The sheep just aren't that, and I don't know what it takes to make them warriors short of a violent attack (and even that doesn't always do it).
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links