Across the Hall From My Classroom -- Yesterday - Page 2

Across the Hall From My Classroom -- Yesterday

This is a discussion on Across the Hall From My Classroom -- Yesterday within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by nutz4utwo Exsoldier: thanks for your (seemingly) tireless work teaching these kids. Education is important for everyone . I've been at it for ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wink Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    Exsoldier: thanks for your (seemingly) tireless work teaching these kids. Education is important for everyone.
    I've been at it for almost 20 years and even I am approaching burn out. Too close to retirement to quit now. I have other financial irons in the fire that might pay off in a big way any moment. If one of those (several) goes in a decent way, I'll retire on the spot. Even in the middle of the school year. They'd never notice I was gone.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Ex...
    I understand your situation, completely...although our rural school is not a gang haven...yet.

I've already retired once...this is a trek (high school teaching position) of my own choosing.
    The school treats me fairly well...students in the Honors classes are enjoyable.
    There are the thugs, but they seem to stay clear of problems with me. The ones with the sagging pants pick them up as they go by, I don't do much more than look at them...they know.
    My head is also on a swivel, but I try not to see 'everything'.
    We have a school cop who is very good and the kids do not want to give him a hard time...he does show his serious side every now and then.

Education 'appears' to be in a downward spiral...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Gansta Kids beware: Not only you don't mess with ExSoldier but he has his posse and they are nasty!

You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Ex - bravo for staying in the fight. You clank.

I taught in Southern California for 13 years, in a gang-infested school. I am getting back into teaching, sort of (tutorial service), after ten years away. I may be able to stomach it again in this form.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

ExSoldier,

If I remember correctly from one of your posts awhile back, I lived and worked a few blocks from your school some years ago. It was VERY difficult and very dangerous then.

Some of my kids (from church) went there.

Thanks for your service (in the past and in the present). We are in deep trouble when even the best are just fed up with the garbage (human, administrative, parental, student, etc.).
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

The reason I went from teaching high school to college was the fact that more and more kids were not valuing an education. In college it really is a 'learn or leave' environment.
    Exsoldier, thank you for telling it like it is.

Made CNN today! At least it sure sounded like this was what they were talking about.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Made CNN today! At least it sure sounded like this was what they were talking about.
    Link?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

This one?

Click Here...

simular incident a few years back

Simular thing happened to a friend of mine. We went to high school together, played football together. He is a teacher now, and one of his students, (male) got into some trouble, I dont think violence was involved at this point. The teacher had the school call the parents and the Dad came in the next day. So the Dad and the kid are waiting outside the principal's office and the teacher comes in for the meeting.
    The Dad and the kid both jump the teacher. What they didn't realize is that although the teacher is not a huge guy, he was an all conference point guard, and defensive back in football. (that was 25 years ago).
    Well the way I heard the story, the teacher kicked both their butts. He got a few brusies and a black eye but I heard they got worse.

I can't believe a parent would pull something like that!
    This is in no way a "rough" school either. In fact we used to tease the kids from that school for being farmers.

Ex, glad to hear your SITREP, if we got a report from all teachers across the nation I think we'd find more reports of assaults and defensive actions, it galls me to the max when the sheep demand that we bow down to these perps. I want everyone to know that there are more good students than there are bad, but all it takes is one. A year ago I had one of these misguided children pull a knife on a student in my class. The SRO arrested him after I taught this innocent child the proper procedure for disarming the enemy, military style, and introducing him to the floor. The concerning part was when word got back to me that he was planning on making me a social call...never happened, but it's been condition yellow ever since...keep up the good work, I bet you also have your desk situated so your back is against the wall...
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

Yup.....

Quote Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
    This one?

Click Here...
    YUP That's the one. I still can't figure out how he was "lured" out of his classroom to an area not covered by cameras.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Wink Couple of years ago..

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    I can't believe a parent would pull something like that!
    Couple of years ago there was a "Back To School" night for the parents to orient them to the kids teachers for the new school year. One huge hulking guy (parent) didn't like his kids history teacher and when she glances away he sucker punches her. Lays her out unconscious. He was out of jail on a crack charge and had just inhaled a pipeful. Get this: The teacher he decked was a card carrying commie member of MOVEON dot ORG. LOL I could smell the irony. She didn't deserve that though. There was a cop on campus and he got busted. Put him in the car and he was still giggling.

Never trust a parent and never turn your back on a kid. But kids for the most part telegraph their intentions from a country mile off. You can tell when they're winding themselves up to throw a punch. Usually the juniors and seniors will fight for the self control to stop before it goes all the way. They know the risk to their futures.

9th graders? All bets are off. They have a decentralized nervous system. After a fight, they say "ouch" days later. Or not at all. No brain no pain. I say stake 'em all out in the yard on a chain and feed 'em raw meat till they become seniors and return to a semblance of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmr18z View Post
    The SRO arrested him after I taught this innocent child the proper procedure for disarming the enemy, military style, and introducing him to the floor. The concerning part was when word got back to me that he was planning on making me a social call...never happened, but it's been condition yellow ever since...keep up the good work, I bet you also have your desk situated so your back is against the wall...
    With your background it will always be "talk." They won't risk their necks like all cowardly wolves, unless they come in a pack or unless they come with MS13. THEN lock and load.

But as a matter of fact, my desk is not only to a wall, it's in a corner so I have walls on two sides with my desk forming the base of the triangle. The only problem is that by necessity to access my computer grade book, my little command station is also in a direct line of fire with the only door. Anybody shooting straight thru the door has my desk at the ugly end of the muzzle.

VIP Member
    Ex.... you better come to Trail Glades Range this Saturday and vent off some steam.... Don't make me come get you.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links