Dog takes bullet for family - Page 2

Dog takes bullet for family

This is a discussion on Dog takes bullet for family within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I hope the dirtbag that shot this dog is caught and eliminated properly. Stay safe...have a canine friend...stay safe!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I hope the dirtbag that shot this dog is caught and eliminated properly.

Stay safe...have a canine friend...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    good story,great dog, now its time to track down the scumbum that shot him.
    that creep really needs some serious jail time,

what state did this happen in?
    It was in Oklahoma City, OK.

See another link on it:

News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | Family Dog Takes Bullet to Save Family
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

im going to donate a little to get the dogs vet bills paid, i wish i had more and i would drive out there myself and pay the vet bills for it. that is the most loyalty ive heard of in a long time.
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Forgive me if I sound harsh, but I favor a reunion between the perp and that dog when he is better. Oh and the perp doesn't get any weapons this time. Wonder who will win the rematch on those terms? Well, guess that ornery streak my mother claims I have kicked in after reading this story. My apologies.

The dog is a pitbull at least according to the news report on it. They (KWTV) had a followup story on it and there is a lot of support to help pay the $1500 vet bills as the family cannot afford them. I'm not really a pet guy but I'll bet that family is glad that they had this dog. I believe it's the first time I've heard a story about a pitbull that the dog wasn't the perp.
    The Second Amendment ...... Because crime SHOULD be a hazardous occupation.

If you want to piss off a conservative, lie to him.
    If you want to piss off a liberal, tell him the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by farmerbyron View Post
    I believe it's the first time I've heard a story about a pitbull that the dog wasn't the perp.
    This is a great story and shows what a loyal dog can do for his owners. Not all dogs will do that, but the ones who are grateful to their owners because they are treated well, will often give their lives for their owners.

I'm very glad the dog survived. I really hate reading about the dogs who succumb to their wounds after performing selfless acts of loyalty and courage!

Regarding the quoted line at the start of my post. Go to any prosecutor or judge and you'll know why pitbulls have the reputation they do. The statistics are real, unfortunately.

But in almost every case... The owners should be put in prison, in my humble opinion... because it's an irresponsible owner's fault and not the dogs.

Again, this was an awesome story! I'm glad no one was hurt or killed.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Great story...glad the dog and the family are ok. I can't say the same about the perp though. Hopefully they'll catch him. Oh, and it's ok boy...you can sleep on the sofa now!! Milkbone?? Goooooooooood Booooooy!!!!
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Another reason dogs are more faithful than people.He did his job and should be rewarded accordingly. Steak for him.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

If someone shot my dog they would not be breathing or I would be lifeless myself.
    Little infuriates me more that people whom bring harm to animals for no reason. It is a cowardly act, you could kick a dog all day and it will still come and look for love and attention. This guy deserves to be put in a cage of abused dogs for as long as the dogs would tolerate him, then properly disposed of. Sorry for the rant...
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

it's been confirmed that the dog was a pitbull: News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | Family Dog Takes Bullet to Save Family

it's nice to finally see these dogs being portrayed as something other than drug dealing baby killers. most pitbulls, when they're raised well, would show the same level of loyalty.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Great dog, and good on those who are helping to cover the vet bills. Hard to say if any of the family members would still be breathing today if the dog hadn't taken such decisive action.

A good dog with strong protective instincts is a must in my book. They are an early warning system, vocal deterrent, and all around great family members.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

I have 3 dogs and they fit the mold like this one. One is a German Shorthaired Pointer. Another is full pit and one is a Lab/Rottie mix.

A car went off the road and wrecked in front of our house. They went crazy. People come to the back door and they freak out and hit the door hard.

They would probably only lick the intruder after he is in but we'll know he's there before he gets in every time.

Dogs rule

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If someone shot my dog they would not be breathing or I would be lifeless myself. Little infuriates me more that people whom bring harm to animals for no reason. It is a cowardly act, you could kick a dog all day and it will still come and look for love and attention....
    I am with you man...I have a 17 yr old Springer Spaniel that I would die for, or someone else would. He is a member of the family and is treated as such.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links