Great: Man gets 50 years for shooting in NorthPark parking lot

This is a discussion on Great: Man gets 50 years for shooting in NorthPark parking lot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man gets 50 years for shooting in NorthPark parking lot | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Dallas-Fort Worth Crime News | ...

Thread: Great: Man gets 50 years for shooting in NorthPark parking lot

Man gets 50 years for shooting in NorthPark parking lot | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Dallas-Fort Worth Crime News | Dallas-Fort Worth News

He has stated that he shot the lady as she reached for her wallet because he thought she was reaching for a gun.

This reinforces the fact that we need to be comfortable with more than 1 carry method based on your situation (car, jogging, shopping, carrying a baby, etc.).
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    Hopefully the Parole Board will keep him in prison for the whole 50 years.

Now lets hope another jury will find the same way on the other BG (Wallace) and a judge gives him the same sentence.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Now lets hope another jury will find the same way on the other BG (Wallace) and a judge gives him the same sentence.
    I bet his sentence will be very similar. Texas has very strict laws on crimes committed with firearms, so I can see them serving every day of their sentence.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I'm glad they finally caught this animal. Me thinks prison time is not enough for this lowlife!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

I hope he enjoys his stay in the Crossbar Hotel with LeRoy for many many years to come - like all 50 of them.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Just another scumbag that almost got what he deserved. If he hadn't shot her first, he probably would have kidnapped her, raped her, and then shot her. 50 years ain't nearly enough, they should have shot him too. He'll probably only serve 25 years, get out and kill someone the next time! The tax payers should not have to support him for 50 yrs., nor his family either!
    Y'all be safe now, ya hear!

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

What is truly sad about this whole thing is the mall itself. It is a high dollar mall in a high dollar area and only about half of the call boxes in the lots work. Also they are increasing Police patrols during the holiday season as there have been an increase in muggings and purse snatching going on at this mall.

I grew up in South Dallas, for those that know the area, and I don't feel comfortable going to this mall.

-Paco

I remember this incident when it was originally in the news. That goes back a few years.
    I'm glad to hear she survived the attack and hope her wounds are not over debilitating though no doubt she is scarred physically and mentally.

As for the BG getting 50 yrs., I wish they all would under same circumstance.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

One problem I have with lengthy sentences is at this rate we fill up prisons and have to build new ones,then we have to pay to house and feed these scum for the rest of their lives at a cost beyond what most people make in a year,no wonder our country is going bankrupt.I don't see any possibility of rehabbing anybody in prison for 50 years or life they were a burden on society before incarceration and continue to be after,If the crime is so heinous and violent that they get that much time then we need to just terminate their further drain on our society,If they know you kill somebody or attempt to kill somebody in cold blood during robbery/gang violence etc. then you will die.Let's see how many gangstas run the prisons when they get taken to the death chamber or how many kids wanta be gangstas when they know if they follow that lifestyle it will kill them one way or another.(RANT OFF)
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

We could always have this lady shoot him in the face. If he survives he walks if not, well then...

-Paco

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    We could always have this lady shoot him in the face. If he survives he walks if not, well then...
    I think that would be very fair...now it must be a 12 ga...00 buck...from 6" away. Whatever happens, happens.

This dirtbag will still get out when he's 79...much too early.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links