BAD: Night club security guard killed in parking lot

This is a discussion on BAD: Night club security guard killed in parking lot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...5841&catid=339 Video available at link Security guard killed outside nightclub posted by: Dan Boniface 7 hrs ago DENVER - The Adams County Sheriff's office is ...

Thread: BAD: Night club security guard killed in parking lot

BAD: Night club security guard killed in parking lot

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...5841&catid=339

Video available at link

Security guard killed outside nightclub
    posted by: Dan Boniface 7 hrs ago

DENVER - The Adams County Sheriff's office is looking for three men suspected in the shooting death of a security guard outside a nightclub.
    Advertisement
    “I don’t understand why anybody would do something like that,” said Leland Minnick, the victim's brother. “It doesn’t make any difference who it is. Just senseless.”

Sheriff spokeswoman Candi Baker says the three men and two nightclub security guards got into an altercation in the parking lot of the Grizzly Rose in unincorporated Adams County. One of the men began shooting at the security guards at about 10:50 p.m. Friday.

Baker says 48-year-old Timothy Minnick, of Brighton, was wounded and later died at a hospital.

"This is the holiday season," said Baker. "We unfortunately had to tell them their relative was killed. He was killed while performing his duties, trying to earn a paycheck. And, he was killed being unarmed, being defenseless."

Deputies say a second security guard was injured and treated, but he was not shot.

The men were described as wearing hooded sweatshirts and bandanas over the lower half of their faces. Baker says they drove away in a mid-90s SUV, possibly a Jimmy or a Blazer, with tinted back windows. Deputies say a heavyset woman with long hair was also seen inside the getaway car.

Leland Minnick says his brother had worked at the Grizzly Rose for 18 months when the shooting happened and had chosen the bar for extra work because he liked the music there.

"He was doing it to make ends meet, you know," said Leland Minnick.

He says his brother, who lived in California until 1994, used to work as a Brighton Police officer, a job Timothy Minnick was "gung ho" about.

"I don't understand why anybody would do something like that," said Leland Minnick. "It doesn't make any difference who it is. Just senseless."

People with information are asked to contact Adams County Sheriff's office: 720-332-1313.
    (KUSA*TV contributed to this report. Copyright Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    cbs4denver.com - Security Guard Killed Outside Nightclub

Security Guard Killed Outside Nightclub
    DENVER (AP) ― The Adams County Sheriff's office is looking for three men suspected in the shooting death of a security guard outside a nightclub.

Sheriff spokeswoman Candi Baker says the three men and nightclub security guards got into an altercation in the parking lot of the Grizzly Rose in unincorporated Adams County. One of the men began shooting at the security guards at about 10:50 p.m. Friday.

Baker says 48-year-old Timothy Minnick, of Brighton, was wounded and later died at a hospital.

The men were described as wearing hooded sweat shirts and bandanas over their lower half of their faces. Baker says they drove away in a mid-90s SUV with tinted back windows.
    Not a heavy gang area, and I don't recall a lot of problems with that country dance club.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like these 3 Homies wanted to knock off the club. Could have been real ugly if the had gotten inside. It too bad the guard had to loose his life over it, wonder why he wasn't armed? Probably didn't have a chance to go into lock down when the 3 hoods showed up, or maybe had no plan.
    Last edited by JAT40; December 14th, 2008 at 08:42 AM.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    Sounds like these 3 Homies wanted to knock off the club. Could have been real ugly if the had gotten inside. It too bad the guard had to loose his life over it, wonder if he was armed? Probably didn't have a chance to go into lock down when the 3 hoods showed up, or maybe had no plan.
    It says he was unarmed in the article. Too bad, when I was workin in bar's two big concerns were drunks with a grudge who got kicked out right before closing, and someone trying to rob us during closing.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

As certain 'gangs ' have tried to overtake and control certain bars around here, or kicked out and been barred from them..... there have been several shootings. I think so far, the good guys are losing as bouncers and owners have been killed. Some .. have just closed their doors and said 'no', they aren't going to allow it even if it meant closing the doors.

Not a heavy gang area, and I don't recall a lot of problems with that country dance club.
    Goes to show that anything can happen anytime, anywhere. Criminals are as mobile as anyone else.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    As certain 'gangs ' have tried to overtake and control certain bars around here, or kicked out and been barred from them..... there have been several shootings. I think so far, the good guys are losing as bouncers and owners have been killed. Some .. have just closed their doors and said 'no', they aren't going to allow it even if it meant closing the doors.

It's a (and you will please excuse the term) Hick bar. County western theme, dancing and music. I am not aware of any spurred boot, 10 gallon hat wearin' ganstas in Denver.

My money is on drug deal in the parking lot, robbery, or car...well truck theft. Taking over the place as a base of operations...no.
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Although not a particularly dangerous state to live in, there is no a reason to not be armed. This is in respect to very good Colorado CC laws. I wonder if there was a "NO weapons at work policy" at this nightclub.

Other than the Adams County Sherriff entering your information into the Colorado Crime Information Center database (lame in my opinion), the Sheriff seems good about CC. There are only about 5 percent denials and revocations per pear.

I just sent this to a friend of mine who is the manager for one of the bands playing there next month. I hope they catch the shooters soon.

Personally, if you are a "security guard" you should be armed. Whether it is CC or OC - it is just stupid to hire someone as security if there is no way to even attempt to keep security.
    Trying to leave as large a carbon footprint as possible.
    Shivering in the "heat"
    Innocent as doves, wise as serpents, armed like wolves.

I saw that on the news. Shame....not too far away either....

-Jeff-

I work security 2 nights a week at a nightclub in Detroit. I always have my Glock 19, knife, maglite, and my asp on me at all times.
    "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. "
    Best words of wisdom from my Master Emperor Palpatine

Quote Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
    Other than the Adams County Sherriff entering your information into the Colorado Crime Information Center database...
    I believe all Colorado CC recipients are entered into said nonexistent database that by law is not supposed to exist.

At any time an item with your name on it is run through the police computer (drivers license, vehicle plates) your name pops up on the CBI list just like a fugitive, felon and so on. They then have to open up the flag to see what it is.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Links