(ugly) wife shoots husband.

This is a discussion on (ugly) wife shoots husband. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Husband shot dead, wife claims self-defense . This brings up question. Both had protection order against each other, do they both have to give up ...

Thread: (ugly) wife shoots husband.

Husband shot dead, wife claims self-defense.

This brings up question. Both had protection order against each other, do they both have to give up guns?

By the way you posted the title of your thread, I thought you were making commentary on the woman's appearance. I was wondering how that had any bearing on a shooting
    HK45c V1

I believe in Texas you give up your CCW permit but keep your guns.

If I have a restraining order against someone, I'd like to be able to defend myself in my own home.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Sounds like a good shoot but then we have all heard about the wife getting a protection order then inviting her man over to shoot him.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    By the way you posted the title of your thread, I thought you were making commentary on the woman's appearance. I was wondering how that had any bearing on a shooting
    ugly folks are angrier at the world than pretty people.

The story...

Husband shot dead, wife claims self-defense
    By BRAD WONG

A 40-year-old Federal Way man died Saturday morning from gunshot wounds and his wife has allegedly admitted that she shot him, Federal Way police reported.

But the woman's actions might have been self-defense and she has been released from custody, police spokesman Raymond Bunk said. A handgun was recovered from inside the apartment, he said.

The 24-year-old woman called officers shortly before 4 a.m. to report the shooting at the Mariposa Apartments in the 28100 block of 18th Avenue South, he said.

Officers arrived to find the woman with some minor head injuries and the husband on the bedroom floor suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, Bunk said

Fire crews and medics tried to revive the man, but without success. He was declared dead at the scene.

The woman was taken to Saint Francis Hospital in Federal Way for treatment and interviewed later. Bunk said the woman told detectives that she and her husband had been separated for several weeks and each had protection orders against one another.

The woman is said to be cooperating with police, who are interviewing additional witnesses, including neighbors, as they continue to investigate the circumstances that led to the fatal shooting.

************************************************** ************************************************** *******************************************

Well there you have it folks, another personal protection order and how well they work.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; December 14th, 2008 at 03:59 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by chenemf View Post
    I believe in Texas you give up your CCW permit but keep your guns.

If I have a restraining order against someone, I'd like to be able to defend myself in my own home.
    In Texas it's called a CHL and you do give up your guns until it's lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Officers arrived to find the woman with some minor head injuries and the husband on the bedroom floor suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, Bunk said
    If he was hitting her in the head, she might have thought if she lost consciousness she might get critically injured or killed (especially if there was a disparity of force).
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

are restriction orders the same as protection orders?

thats messed up, I dont want to be at the whim of some nut claiming a restraining order, how hard is to get those?
    NO 3rd party disputes

The power of imagination is the key to life.

It helps you think ahead, consider the possibilities,and prepare you for the future.
    If you lack that ability, you're no different from livestock trapped behind a fence.

Links