Folks who depend on 911?(merged) - Page 2

Folks who depend on 911?(merged)

This is a discussion on Folks who depend on 911?(merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The only 911 I will ever depend is the one with the number "1" in front of it, and A1 at the end....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Folks who depend on 911?(merged)

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    The only 911 I will ever depend is the one with the number "1" in front of it, and A1 at the end.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Most of the sheep go around thinking crime will never touch them since they don't do bad things and/or don't live in a "bad neighborhood". I believe this is the source of the problem -- crime happens to other people, they think. We should always ask such people if the person crime happened to thought that as well (only happens to others).

Of course if the sheep-type people really think this stuff out logically, they would have to become warriors to defend themselves. That just isn't them, at least not without a lot of work and concept building.

I don't know how we fix this, other than trying to up the number of folks carrying to act as a deterrent...
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    All such calls should be investigated with urgency, but if it is busy and there are limited officers for response, the confirmed emergencies would logically get the available officers first.

...It is all the more reason to be able to help yourself.
    A fact I was not aware of.
    Thanks CK for making that distinction (!).
    In the future as I talk to antis I'll be sure to recall this and bring it up.

- Janq

"If it is busy and there are limited officers for response...It is all the more reason to be able to help yourself." - A Harsh Reality
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    "If it is busy and there are limited officers for response...It is all the more reason to be able to help yourself." - A Harsh Reality
    That's a danged good way of putting it.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Funny how I posted a comment about being responsible for yourself, and even if there is a prompt response it still could have been too late. And it never got posted, go figure, guess CNN doesn't want a logic argument other than all the posts that say 'fire the dispatcher'.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I live in a county that is bigger than the entire state of Rhode Island. At nights and on weekends there are two deputies working this county; one in the east and one in the west. There is a state trooper or two working I-44 north to OK City and south to the TX line.

It could be 30 minutes or longer before help arrives. One has to be able to take care of business. Thankfully, OK is pretty good when it comes to a person defending hearth and kin.

Quote Originally Posted by 500Mag View Post
    Funny how I posted a comment about being responsible for yourself, and even if there is a prompt response it still could have been too late. And it never got posted, go figure, guess CNN doesn't want a logic argument other than all the posts that say 'fire the dispatcher'.
    like I said all those comments in the cnn are outrageous

yeah shame on the dispatcher for not using the cop'O'matic to *poof* one right there.

their blaming the cops, WTH! man

they are going to blame it on her because she didnt play possum, they love to advertise that.
    NO 3rd party disputes

The power of imagination is the key to life.

It helps you think ahead, consider the possibilities,and prepare you for the future.
    If you lack that ability, you're no different from livestock trapped behind a fence.

VIP Member
    500Mag, if you posted as Mark, your post is on there. Of course no one is commenting on a person being responsible for their own safety. As sheep typically do, they expect someone else to protect them, then whine when it doesn't happen.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by boss mustang View Post
    Calling 911 merely notifies the police that they need to come and collect evidence.

The courts have already ruled that the police have no obligation to protect you.

When will people learn that personal protection is just that- Personal
    It's a sad truth but the above is correct they are under no obligation to protect us.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    first of all, this is a HORRIBLE story. It's terrible that girl's life was ended because of the inexcusable delay by the 911 personnel. some of you may remember a thread i started about my fiance a while back because i was worried about this happening!

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...lp-fiance.html

i forwarded this article to my fiance and after some talking, she's ready to seriously begin looking at learning how to use a firearm for SD!! (i have to insert shameless plug here)

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...hx-az-ftf.html
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

In the area I live in there is a saying:

"I dont call 911. I am 911"

One of the guys in my neighborhoos actually has it painted in large letters on the side of his out building which can be seen from a good distance.

Its a shame that things like this story happen. Had she been armed? Who knows? 48 minutes? yeah, Im not gonna wait that long.

Very sad indeed.

To expand a bit on what CopperKnight was saying.....
    Normal procedure in my call center was answer the phone, if you don't hear anyone talking activate the TDD and see if there is a response. If there is no response we sort of had a choice. We could send the call over as a suspicious situation in progress ( priority 2) and listen for a while, or hang up and try calling back. If we called back the call was usually classified as a 9-1-1 disconnect. (priority 3) If we called back and got a busy signal we would have the operator break the line and either interrupt the conversation or they would tell us there was no conversation on the line.
    To put the priorities in perspective ours were 0- lights and siren response to 9- report taken over the phone or pretty much when there was nothing else going on in that area. So that 9-1-1 disconnect was the same priority as a commercial burglar alarm. Depending on the number of officers working at the time, and what else was happenning, it could be a while before anyone was sent. One of the things that was making life hard for us for a while was the schools and some of the local Red Cross first aid instructors had been telling people if there was a medical emergency they could just dial 9-1-1 and leave the phone hanging and we would send them an ambulance!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

911 is good if the need is not immediate.

When I was working in downtown Detroit, someone fired many rounds (around 50) into the building from the street, the police did not even bother to come out since no one was killed or injured.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Quote Originally Posted by jfl View Post
    911 aka "dial-a-prayer"
    Government sponsored..."dial-a-prayer".
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

They're worthless...when seconds count I can't be assing around with a phone. They're only good for CYA and mopping up the aftermath. To actually believe they can help you in a life and death situation is the acme of foolishness.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links