GOOD: Man Shoots Home Intruder - Lexington, KY

This is a discussion on GOOD: Man Shoots Home Intruder - Lexington, KY within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Lexington News - Kentucky News | Lexington Herald-Leader A Lexington man told police he shot an intruder, who later died, after the man entered his ...

Thread: GOOD: Man Shoots Home Intruder - Lexington, KY

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Lexington News - Kentucky News | Lexington Herald-Leader

A Lexington man told police he shot an intruder, who later died, after the man entered his apartment near Shillito Park Wednesday night and tried to rob him, Lexington police said.

About 10:45 p.m., police found the resident suffering from gunshot wounds that weren't considered life threatening when they arrived at an apartment complex at 3500 Beaver Place, near Nicholasville Road and Man o' War Boulevard.

The resident, whose name has not been released, said he was shot during a fight after two men entered his apartment and tried to rob him. The resident was armed with a handgun and shot one of the intruders, Lexington police said.

Officer Ann Gutierrez, a Lexington police spokeswoman, said the resident opened the door after the two men knocked. No information was available Thursday morning about whether the resident recognized the intruders.

The alleged intruder and the resident were taken to University of Kentucky Hospital. The alleged intruder later died. The Fayette County coroner has not yet released his name.

No charges have been filed.

On Thursday, Lexington police were still searching for the other alleged intruder who witnesses saw running toward Shillito Park Wednesday night. The man was described as about 6 feet 3 inches tall and wearing a dark gray, hooded jacket.

Lexington police said anyone with information about the incident should call the Personal Crimes Section at (859) 258-3700 or Bluegrass Crime Stoppers at (859) 253-2020.
    Sounds like a good shoot.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

jfl
    Another happy ending story .
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

"We all know that we're not supposed to open our door to strangers. The problem is that when you have a solid door there's really no way to know who's on the other side. Installing a peephole is a quick, simple solution to this age old conundrum. All you need are a few simple tools and about fifteen minutes of free time to complete this project. Lowe's is happy to provide this information as a service to you."

Installing a Peephole

- Hindsight
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Excellent picture.^^^

I found some wide-angle peepholes for around $14 at HomeQuarters (predecessor to Lowes/Home Depot) about 12 years ago. Installed one in the front door and one in the kitchen door that leads to the garage. Not only can I see a person's face right in front of the door, but I can also focus on the house across the street. The one for the garage is vital also.

Inexpensive yet critical investment.

good shoot, too bad thats only a stones throw from were my mother lives, and im only about 20mins away. havent seen this on the news either
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

I would actually prefer a cctv with a monitor near the door to a peephole. I'm worried about a home invader who has seen "Memento".

Not that I have actually installed one...yet.

Ryan

Links