Good or Bad?: Wife's Granddad shoots Estranged Husband

This is a discussion on Good or Bad?: Wife's Granddad shoots Estranged Husband within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The story didn't say but the Grandfather is 80 years old. Wife's Granddad shoots Estranged Husband A woman's grandfather fatally shot her estranged husband after ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good or Bad?: Wife's Granddad shoots Estranged Husband

VIP Member

The story didn't say but the Grandfather is 80 years old.

Wife's Granddad shoots Estranged Husband

A woman's grandfather fatally shot her estranged husband after he tried to take their two children from the grandparents' house, Conroe police said today.

Brice Wade Boudreaux, 32, died Friday evening at the home on Silver Creek Drive in Conroe, police said in a statement.

The investigation was ongoing this morning, and it was not immediately clear whether the grandfather would face charges. The older man was questioned by police and released.

According to police, Boudreaux's estranged wife and children have been living with her grandparents for about five months.

When Boudreaux arrived Friday and tried to take the children, the grandfather intervened and ordered him to leave, the statement said. Boudreaux repeatedly refused, at one point striking the older man in the chest where he recently had a pacemaker inserted, police said.

The man then shot Boudreaux with a revolver in the torso area, police said.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    I'm trying to find the good in this...sounds like lots of pieces are missing from the story. Like protective order, custody? Or witnesses? Why wasn't police called at the beginning? Striking or pushing? If I struck an 80 yr old in the chest...he wouldn't be standing. Those were his kid's too. I don't think any good about it...kids lost a dad. Seems way to convenient to shoot.

Rick

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    I'm trying to find the good in this...sounds like lots of pieces are missing from the story.
    You're right, I changed the title. We'll have to see how this one goes.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Whoa, I live in Conroe. We'll see how this plays out I guess.

If the father had no legal rights to the kids, then if the story is *true*, then it could be an attempted kidnapping, and the grandfather would have been justified in preventing that forcible felony under Texas law (AFAIK). Or, according ot the story as well, he could have feared for his life and use a self-defense defense.

However, if that were the case I feel like they wouldn't still be investigating, so I guess we'll just have to wait to see what happened.

Seems way to convenient to shoot.

The deceased attacked an 80 year old man at that old man's home. He hit the old man on the incision where his pacemaker was recently installed. That is justification to kill an attacker where I come from.

Do not pick a fight with an old man, he is too old to fight: He will just kill you.

I feel sorry for the childeren

Pacemakers are installed inside ones body, not below where the incision mark is.
    And pushing/punching a person is not justifiable means in action toward being terminated either.
    The pacemaker incision thing is inconsequential.

What is of consequence is that the father was 1) trespassing and 2) had committed assault against a person (granddad). Neither of these though is a death sentence related crime.

Now did granddad feel like he was in _imminent_ danger of life taking harm?
    Being pushed/punched in the area of where one might have had an incision for anything is not justifable to that end. And neither is striking an older person same, to the degree that same said older person is able to stay with it to the degree of firing a firearm. Like mentioned above if an average male with serious intent of this dads age had punched grandpa for real. He'd be out cold or dead on his feet.

Not enough info right now but for the moment my got is saying not a good shoot.
    Sad all the way around though. The kids forever have to live with grandpa shot my dad dead, who came to get me...right in front of my face. :(

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    The deceased attacked an 80 year old man at that old man's home. He hit the old man on the incision where his pacemaker was recently installed. That is justification to kill an attacker where I come from.
    When you're asked to leave a residence because you are causing problems...leave, do not punch the 80 year-old homeowner or you might just get shot...oh wait, he did get shot.

A terrible thing for the children.

I might agree with Janq, if...this had not happened in the 80 year-old's residence...OMO

Stay armed...be careful or you might get what you ask for...stay safe!
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; December 20th, 2008 at 11:49 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yeah...I might be leaning your way Retsupt99.

If he pushed/punched grandad inside his home upon having forced his way through or was at that time making entry by force, then well he gets what he got.
    If this happened prior to actual entry into the the home though, well if I were on the jury I'd likely deliberate things and find 'Not Guilty' by reason of dead dad was a moron, who got what he get.

I just don't feel that specifically impacting a person against their surgical scar area is by itself justifiable for lethal force reaction. Nor same for having pushed (maybe light punched at best) a senior citizen singular.

This sucks though.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Everyone has a right to repel boarders. All depends on the depth of estrangement and whether the father had visitation rights. If not, if he was estranged and a threat, if he failed to follow an order to leave premises and then became violent, and given the fact that he's 80yrs old and attempting to resist physical violence of a much younger man, then I'd think the homeowner had every right to resist attack and protect his family. Much detail is missing, though, so who's to say at this point.

Bad? Nobody wins in such things.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Ahh...but he wanted to leave...with his kids. Grandpa intervened. One question is did he have the right to intervene since they were not his kids?

Rick

Hitting right where the incision was for the pacemaker... Might he have been trying to incapacitate the old man? I don't know much about how pacemakers work though...

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Maybe Ganddad just realized that this guy "needed killin'" and at 80 years old felt that he was the best guy for the job.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Wow! This one could easily go either way for Grandpa. If the deceased forced his way in to the home it could be a lawful shoot. If this is just an argument that broke out when dad showed up per the custody agreement because it is "his weekend" and Grandpa was interfering he could spend the rest of his life in the slammer. Not enough information to tell.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links