GOOD: Woman Stops Robbery - Fort Smith, AR

This is a discussion on GOOD: Woman Stops Robbery - Fort Smith, AR within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Times Record Authorities are investigating a Van Buren woman’s allegation that a man tried to rob her at knifepoint on the shoulder of Interstate 540. ...

Thread: GOOD: Woman Stops Robbery - Fort Smith, AR

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Times Record

Authorities are investigating a Van Buren woman’s allegation that a man tried to rob her at knifepoint on the shoulder of Interstate 540.

A 44-year-old woman called 911 at about 6 p.m. Sunday after she was flagged down by occupants of a vehicle under the ruse that she was having a flat, said Lt. Steve Coppinger, commander of the Arkansas State Police Criminal Investigation Division, Company D.

The woman pulled over on the shoulder of northbound Interstate 540 between Kelley Highway and the Arkansas River bridge and got out to check on her tire.

One of the men in the vehicle pulled a knife on her and attempted to rob her, according to police.

The woman, who holds a concealed handgun license, “pulled out a gun and pointed it at the bad guy,” Coppinger said.

“She does remember that person and we’re going to withhold some of that information because it’s pretty specific, pretty detailed and we want to try to check some avenues that we have, to check and see if we can identify this guy,” Coppinger said.

The suspect fled the scene in what the woman described as a black Toyota Camry with an Oklahoma license plate. At least two other men were in the suspect’s vehicle.

Coppinger added that the attempted aggravated robbery on Sunday is the first reported incident of anything similar in the area.

The jurisdiction of Company D covers all of Troop H in Fort Smith and Troop L in Springdale. Troop H counties are Crawford, Franklin, Logan, Sebastian and Scott while Troop L counties are Benton, Carroll, Madison and Washington.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

It's a repeat...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Did a search on a couple of keywords and come up empty, that's why I figured it was ok to go ahead and post.

Mods please delete if it is a duplicate.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Links