GOOD: AZ shopkeeper 1, bad guy 0

This is a discussion on GOOD: AZ shopkeeper 1, bad guy 0 within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Store owner shoots, kills suspect during robbery One suspect is dead and the owner of a jewelry store is wounded following an attempted robbery in ...

Thread: GOOD: AZ shopkeeper 1, bad guy 0

GOOD: AZ shopkeeper 1, bad guy 0

Store owner shoots, kills suspect during robbery

One suspect is dead and the owner of a jewelry store is wounded following an attempted robbery in Chandler Saturday evening.
    At around 6:45 p.m. two armed men entered family-owned Christopher Diamonds at 2560 W. Chandler Blvd. with the intent to rob the store, said Chandler Police Department Detective David Ramer.
    The store owner, his wife and adult son were inside. The owner pulled out a gun and a gunbattle ensued. One suspect and the owner were shot.
    The injured suspect fled, then jumped into a stolen truck and drove until he reached the Loop 101 and Broadway before pulling over. He later died from his wound.
    The other suspect fled on foot to a northern neighborhood. A K-9 officer tracked him down and police made an arrest at around 8:15 p.m.
    The owner was sent to a local hospital and is expected to recover from a gunshot wound to the face, Ramer said.

2. Remove Ads

Not fun to take a bullet in the face, but still better than becoming a statistic.
    Congrats to the owner for defending his turf...glad he finished one off and the other will be gone for life, hopefully.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Now the shopkeeper can add "Pool Cleaner" to his resume! Good job.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Should have been three against two. Shame the son and wife weren't helping in the gunfight.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Glad the owner is going to make it.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

I bet they were going to brag to their buddies that they pulled off the heist of a lifetime. Now one has no life and the other will be dong time. The store owner had the courage to take on both by himself and he came out on top
    NRA Member

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    I guess that the BGs haven't heard that we in the southwest are armed and willing to protect ourselves! Good for the store-owner, hope he recovers quickly.
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

That's why we're seeing more businesses like dry cleaners being robbed. Much safer than a jeweler. The cash is less, but they can knock off a bunch.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    That's why we're seeing more businesses like dry cleaners being robbed. Much safer than a jeweler. The cash is less, but they can knock off a bunch.
    It isn't much safer to do so at MY dry cleaners. Nor was it when it was owned by the previous guy (he had a gun on hand also). But in general you're probably right.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

update

Family speaks about gun battle in their family store
    by Jennifer Vogel - Dec. 22, 2008 05:26 PM 12 News

The gun fight happened inside the family owned Christopher's Diamonds store near the Loop 101 and Chandler Boulevard. One man was killed and the store's owner, Rusty Uptain, was shot in the face.

Today crews swept glass and cleaned the store so it could open during one of the busiest weeks for jewelry stores. A family member, Nancy Uptain, said the experience was frightning. "The men came in ready to kill the family and take the jewelry."

Uptain says the armed robbers came through the store firing their guns. Rusty Uptain, his wife, and his son Chris were all in the store. Rusty grabbed his gun and fired, killing one suspected robber. The other got away, but was later arrested by police. Rusty Uptain was shot in the face. Nancy Upatin, his sister-in-law says, "he was shot on the side of his nose, and the corner of his eye."

Nancy and other family members are helping run the store while Rusty Uptain rests. Doctors tell the family he should make a full recovery and he should regain complete eyesight. The family says, Rusty is alive and that's what matters.

Family speaks about gun battle in their family store

related post: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...andler-az.html

kudos to the shop owner. whatever type gun he used, he certainly shoots it well. Glad he'll be ok. Kudos to the LEOs & K-9 good job guys. TS for the bg there will never be a next time for you!!
    NRA Member
    Ret. LEO

Links