Good: Mugger shot in mall parking lot. Orlando, FL

This is a discussion on Good: Mugger shot in mall parking lot. Orlando, FL within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Gunfire exchanged during attempted mugging at Fashion Square Mall -- OrlandoSentinel.com Willoughby Mariano | Sentinel Staff Writer 11:20 PM EST, December 23, 2008 A gun ...

Thread: Good: Mugger shot in mall parking lot. Orlando, FL

Good: Mugger shot in mall parking lot. Orlando, FL

Gunfire exchanged during attempted mugging at Fashion Square Mall -- OrlandoSentinel.com
    Willoughby Mariano | Sentinel Staff Writer
    11:20 PM EST, December 23, 2008

A gun battle in the parking lot of a busy Orlando mall Tuesday night left a suspected mugger wounded and his victim shaken.

The attack took place about 8:30 p.m. at the Fashion Square Mall in the 3200 block of East Colonial Drive as the area was bustling with holiday shoppers, Lt. Todd Pursley said. A woman got off a bus at a stop near the Bank of America and was walking across the mall parking lot when three men -- one armed with a handgun -- tried to rob her, Pursley said.

A passer-by noticed the attack and drew his gun, Pursley said. That man exchanged gunfire with one of the muggers.

The suspects ran south across East Colonial Drive to Herndon Plaza shopping center, where they scattered in different directions, Pursley said. Officers caught one of them with the help of a police dog. He hid by lying on the ground in the dark.

The suspect was wounded, but didn't realize it until police caught him.

"He stood up and he was covered in blood," Pursley said. He was taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center. The suspect's injuries were not life-threatening. The two remaining suspects remained on the loose Tuesday night.

The mugging victim was not injured, Pursley said. No names were released.
    *sigh* And now to head out to the mall for some final shopping......armed and on high alert of course.

2. Remove Ads

Orlando is definately not what it used to be,I noticed the TV news tried to avoid mentioning about the shopper who pulled out his gun,Luckily he came out when he did lately theres been alot of this stuff going on.

Wow. I would love to see some kind of "debriefing" of the to-be mugged victim and the shooter in the case. Would be much better then a lot of scenarios discussed here to have someone who actually came to the defense of someone talk about what made him do it, and what went through his mind at the time.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

I have continually repeated how dangerous Orlando and Jax are when responding within these threads. Both cities are definitely 'extra mag' towns. The scumbags are everywhere...I really dislike going there, but on occasion...accompany my wife to do some special shopping.

Stay armed...have extra mag at the ready...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I have continually repeated how dangerous Orlando and Jax are when responding within these threads. Both cities are definitely 'extra mag' towns. The scumbags are everywhere...I really dislike going there, but on occasion...accompany my wife to do some special shopping.

Stay armed...have extra mag at the ready...stay safe!

True. At least for JAX (my home town). I heard at work this morning that a corner store was held up at gunpoint about a mile south of my house. The same store had a shooting a week ago. Neither was reported in the news media. Rumor is that either there are too many shootings so they only cover the deadly once, or that the local neighborhood group in that area put pressure on the media not to cover it to help with perceptions about that particular "up and coming" area.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Good on the samaritan for coming to the woman's aid.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Hats off to the samritan, and hope he gets in some holiday range time to up his hit rate (so much easier to find them when they are stacked up by the crime scene like firewood)

Man, good outcome, could have been a lot worse though. That area has been going downhill over the past few years for sure. Fashion Square used to be an okay mall, but the first sign of something seriously wrong was that all the "better" stores like the Gap, Express, etc all started leaving.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    I can remember walking to Fashion Square from the base when I was going to school there in 1982, no problems at all. Things have obviously changed.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Quote Originally Posted by nlax2011 View Post
    Gunfire exchanged during attempted mugging at Fashion Square Mall -- OrlandoSentinel.com

*sigh* And now to head out to the mall for some final shopping......armed and on high alert of course.
    Great, Right down the street from where I live...

Links