GOOD: Security Guard Wins Knife Fight - Orange County, FL

This is a discussion on GOOD: Security Guard Wins Knife Fight - Orange County, FL within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Security Guard Stabs Suspected Burglar To Death During Fight - News Story - WFTV Orlando ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- An apartment security guard stabbed to ...

Thread: GOOD: Security Guard Wins Knife Fight - Orange County, FL

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Security Guard Stabs Suspected Burglar To Death During Fight - News Story - WFTV Orlando

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- An apartment security guard stabbed to death a burglary suspect, but the guard won't face charges because deputies believe he was acting in self-defense.

Deputies say the guard, Nathaniel Snow, was working at the Woodhill Apartments near West Colonial Drive and North Hiawassee (see map) when he approached 20-year-old Marcus Ballard.

Witnesses said the two began struggling and Snow pulled out a knife and stabbed Ballard.

"The guy got on top of the security guard and they started scuffling and fighting and next thing I know, I saw blood coming out," said Linda Jenkins, who saw the fight just before 10 o'clock Friday night.

Orange County deputies said Ballard tried to break into one of the units at the complex earlier in the day and Snow was trying to stop him from coming back. Snow said he was on the ground and being choked and was about to lose consciousness when he grabbed the knife off his belt and used it on Ballard. Ballard was stabbed five times and died at Orlando Regional Medical Center.

"He was in self-defense, in my eyes, what I seen," said Jenkins.

Ballard's mother doesn't believe it.

"Marcus is a real good boy, he's nothing like people think," Joy Ballard said.

Ballard said her son wasn't breaking into any apartments, he was visiting his girlfriend. She believes the guard attacked him.

"I don't think it was self defense," she said. "My son didn't have a weapon on him or anything, so I think they took matters into their own hand, this one officer and went too far with it."

Ballard did have a criminal record of theft and credit card fraud. It will be up to the State Attorney's Office to make a final determination on any charges.

Snow's security company, the Nova Agency, has taken him off duty with pay while it investigates. Snow and the agency had no comment, other than they stand by the sheriff's investigation.
    Just once I would like to hear the parent of a scumbag on camera saying words to the effect "Yup, my kid was a dirtbag, and unfortunately got what was coming to him". Amazing how young Mr Ballard "was a real good boy" according to momma, yet had convictions for theft and credit card fraud.

Good on the security officer, hopefully he won't face any charges and his company will give him a raise, or at least a new uni considering the one he was wearing probably had to be disposed of as a biohazard (5 stab wounds to someone on top of you is going to be ugly).
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

VIP Member
    "Marcus is a real good boy, he's nothing like people think," Joy Ballard said."
    "Ballard did have a criminal record of theft and credit card fraud."

Sure sounds like a "real good boy," to me :-

well, it was good he had a knife to defend himself... rarely if ever, have I seen or heard of an actual successful self-defense with a knife. Glad you posted it, now I have.

The dirtbag's mother claimed that her son was a "Good boy", but the security guard punched holes in that argument...

Stay armed...it's a lot easier with a sidearm...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Ballard's mother doesn't believe it.

"Marcus is a real good boy, he's nothing like people think," Joy Ballard said.
    Yeah, ain't no witnesses seen my boy do nothin!

Ballard said her son wasn't breaking into any apartments, he was visiting his girlfriend. She believes the guard attacked him.
    Yes, the guard, who was laying on his back at the time, started beating the innocent boy, who the guard pulled over on top of him, by magic.

"I don't think it was self defense," she said. "My son didn't have a weapon on him or anything, so I think they took matters into their own hand, this one officer and went too far with it."
    'cause everyone know my boy ain't never killed nobody with his bare hands, or sent them to the hospital, least wise, they ain't talking about it.

Ballard did have a criminal record of theft and credit card fraud. It will be up to the State Attorney's Office to make a final determination on any charges.
    Yep, the system is out to get my boy. They pinned that all up on him.

What a load of crap. Irresponsible parent raises scumbag, won't accept any part of the blame for creating the little monster, then blames everyone else for victimizing her boy.

The guard deserves a medal. Scumbag won't commit any more crimes. Just was served, and very well done.

I'm glad the Guard is OK and I hope the prosecutors investigation clears him.

I don't blame the Perps Mom for taking his side, she did just lose her son after all. But if she maintains this tone after the facts are clear and (if) it was self-defense then she deserves a kidney punch.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

In that area of Orange County it doesn't surprise me Pine Hills AKA Crime Hills,you always hear the same thing my boy was a good boy he would never do these things, Now he will never do these things again.

Sponsored Links