Neutral: Woman Shoots Husband, Claims Self-Defense - Federal Way, WA

This is a discussion on Neutral: Woman Shoots Husband, Claims Self-Defense - Federal Way, WA within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Husband shot dead, wife claims self-defense - Breaking News - The Olympian - Olympia, Washington According to the SeattlePI web site: A 40-year-old Federal Way ...

Thread: Neutral: Woman Shoots Husband, Claims Self-Defense - Federal Way, WA

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Husband shot dead, wife claims self-defense - Breaking News - The Olympian - Olympia, Washington

According to the SeattlePI web site: A 40-year-old Federal Way man died Saturday morning from gunshot wounds and his wife has allegedly admitted that she shot him, Federal Way police reported.

But the woman's actions might have been self-defense and she has been released from custody, police spokesman Raymond Bunk said. A handgun was recovered from inside the apartment, he said.

The 24-year-old woman called officers shortly before 4 a.m. to report the shooting at the Mariposa Apartments in the 28100 block of 18th Avenue South, he said.

Officers arrived to find the woman with some minor head injuries and the husband on the bedroom floor suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, Bunk said

Fire crews and medics tried to revive the man, but without success. He was declared dead at the scene.

The woman was taken to Saint Francis Hospital in Federal Way for treatment and interviewed later. Bunk said the woman told detectives that she and her husband had been separated for several weeks and each had protection orders against one another.

The woman is said to be cooperating with police, who are interviewing additional witnesses, including neighbors, as they continue to investigate the circumstances that led to the fatal shooting.
    Wow, I grew up in Federal Way. Tacoma has not been a nice place for quite some time, but Federal Way was always a pretty quiet place when it came to crime. Obviously things have changed.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    Husband shot dead, wife claims self-defense - Breaking News - The Olympian - Olympia, Washington

Wow, I grew up in Federal Way. Tacoma has not been a nice place for quite some time, but Federal Way was always a pretty quiet place when it came to crime. Obviously things have changed.
    Big understatement.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Something smells rotten in England here...4 A.M./in the bedroom? No call to report a break-in?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Something smells rotten in England here...4 A.M./in the bedroom? No call to report a break-in?
    You mean something like a phone call from her saying: "Honey you need to come by the apartment, I have something for you to remember me by!"
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links