Good, BG ran into the wrong man....

This is a discussion on Good, BG ran into the wrong man.... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This just happened earlier tonight near my home. I went to high school with this man's son and still stop by this store often to ...

Thread: Good, BG ran into the wrong man....

Good, BG ran into the wrong man....

This just happened earlier tonight near my home. I went to high school with this man's son and still stop by this store often to get gas and stuff. Poor man is wheelchair bound and these stupid punks figured he would be an easy target. They defn. got what they deserved...

One alleged robber killed, another injured by gunshots from storeowner | AnnistonStar.com

Breaking News
    One alleged robber killed, another injured by gunshots from storeowner
    From staff reports
    Updated 10:12 p.m.

One man is dead and another is hospitalized after they were shot by the owner of a service station they were trying to rob.

Calhoun County Sheriff Larry Amerson said that just before 6:30 tonight, two men entered Fuller's Oil Co. on U.S. 431 north of Anniston, near the intersection with Old Gadsden Highway, both carrying handguns.

The owner, who Amerson declined to identify, pulled a handgun of his own when the robbers attempted to push his wheelchair out of the way to get behind the store's counter, where the owner's daughter was, the sheriff said.

"Essentially he and the two robbers had a gunfight inside the store," Amerson said.

The owner struck both robbers, and the men fled. One robber fell just outside the store's door, Amerson said. The other made his way to the highway, where he attempted to flag down a passing car. He was apprehended by a deputy arriving at the scene.

Both men were transported to Regional Medical Center, where the robber who fell was pronounced dead. Calhoun County Coroner Pat Brown identified him as Takeem Pope, 21, of Anniston. Brown said Pope appeared to have died of a single gunshot wound. His body was being taken to the Department of Forensic Sciences tonight for an autopsy, Brown said.

The other, who was struck in the arm, according to the sheriff, was placed under arrest and is under observation at the hospital.

Investigators were working tonight to determine the identities of the alleged robbers.

Neither the storeowner nor his daughter was injured, the sheriff said.

Amerson was quick to point out that the storeowner had acted in self-defense.

"From everything that we see this is clearly self-defense" he said. "I feel that we're going to see more of this type response by business people. Citizens are afraid. They're concerned for their safety. This was a case where a person who had a handgun for self-defense was able to defend himself and his family."

Check AnnistonStar.com for more details as they become available, and read the full story in Wednesday's Anniston Star.

2. Remove Ads

Great job by the store owner.

"From everything that we see this is clearly self-defense" he said. "I feel that we're going to see more of this type response by business people. Citizens are afraid. They're concerned for their safety. This was a case where a person who had a handgun for self-defense was able to defend himself and his family."
    I hope so.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    Great job by the store owner.

I hope so.
    X 2!

+1 to the store owner!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

"From everything that we see this is clearly self-defense" he said. "I feel that we're going to see more of this type response by business people. Citizens are afraid. They're concerned for their safety. This was a case where a person who had a handgun for self-defense was able to defend himself and his family
    i really like this sheriff
    you're great Mr.store owner
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member
    I am glad that he and his daughter were not the victims. He maybe in a wheelchair, but he is no pushover. That's a tough man, that knows how to survive.

VIP Member
    Great job by the store owner defending himself and daughter. Also a great job by the county sheriff for taking the proper approach, of an honest citizen defending himself is justified.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    i really like this sheriff
    you're great Mr.store owner
    + 1

One less punk, and one winged - good job!!!
    Trying to leave as large a carbon footprint as possible.
    Shivering in the "heat"
    Innocent as doves, wise as serpents, armed like wolves.

VIP Member
    Good Deal.

+1,000 for the store owner, just because you have certain limitations doesn't mean you have to submit to the aggressor, where there's a will there's a way.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

Awesome job, and just another feather in the hat of how guns really equalize the playing field. Plus, not a bad shot on his first shot!

Anyway, I hope the surviving BG gets locked away for a long time, and that the father and daughter get through the emotional trauma of the incident in due time.

Robbing a guy in a wheelchair? Man, bet he caught the express train to hell.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Kudos, courage under duress... Probably saved his and his daughters lives!! Merry Christmas Fine Shooting.
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

Links