Bad: Father & son shot

This is a discussion on Bad: Father & son shot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Possible gang initiation leaves father, son injured in Greeleyville | SCNow By Jamie Rogers Morning News Reporter Published: December 24, 2008 A man and his ...

Thread: Bad: Father & son shot

Possible gang initiation leaves father, son injured in Greeleyville | SCNow

By Jamie Rogers
    Morning News Reporter
    Published: December 24, 2008

A man and his son were shot more than five times Monday during what police are calling a random act of violence that might have been part of a gang initiation, Greeleyville Police Chief Cedrick Driffin said.

The father and son were preparing to back out of the driveway of a home on C.E. Murray Boulevard in Greeleyville when the driver of a car pulled up behind them and flashed the headlights to get their attention, Driffin said.

Someone got out, walked to the victims’ car, asked for directions to Kingstree and began shooting, the chief said.

The man was shot twice in both shoulders while his son was shot in the face, the shoulder and the hand, Driffin said.

Both are being treated at a Columbia hospital are expected to recover.

Police do not have a description of the car carrying the suspects.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the Greeleyville Police Department at (843) 426-211 or Crime Stoppers of the Pee Dee at (888) CRIME SC (274-6372). Callers need not reveal their identities.
    Last edited by pgrass101; December 30th, 2008 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Added article

This person is an example of the scum of the human race, and the downfall of our society. The shooters trial, conviction and sentencing should all be delt with one loud BANG!! Our thoughts and prayers go out to the father, son and the rest of the family.
    "Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay as soft as we are now. There won't
    be any AMERICA left because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
    women and breed a hardier race!"
    -Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice a string of violent incidents coming out of SC? I lived in Cola for a few years and think very highly of the state. It just seems alot of things are happening from Greenville all the way to Charleston.

Here's the article:
    Possible gang initiation leaves father, son injured in

By Jamie Rogers
    Morning News Reporter
    Published: December 24, 2008

A man and his son were shot more than five times Monday during what police are calling a random act of violence that might have been part of a gang initiation, Greeleyville Police Chief Cedrick Driffin said.

The father and son were preparing to back out of the driveway of a home on C.E. Murray Boulevard in Greeleyville when the driver of a car pulled up behind them and flashed the headlights to get their attention, Driffin said.

Someone got out, walked to the victims’ car, asked for directions to Kingstree and began shooting, the chief said.

The man was shot twice in both shoulders while his son was shot in the face, the shoulder and the hand, Driffin said.

Both are being treated at a Columbia hospital are expected to recover.

Police do not have a description of the car carrying the suspects.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the Greeleyville Police Department at (843) 426-211 or Crime Stoppers of the Pee Dee at (888) CRIME SC (274-6372). Callers need not reveal their identities.
    I consider backing out of my garage, and pulling into my garage, two of the most dangerous times of my day. I ALWAYS have a handgun ready--not buried in my clothing or on-body holsters--but exposed for immediate deployment.

Don't know if that would have helped in this instance, but it might have.

The shooter needs to be hunted down and removed, as well as any accomplices in the car.

VIP Member
    Society in general and young wantabee punks are getting worse. Until parents take back control of their kids things will only continue to spiral downward. When caught the punks who did this need to be taken to the playground and allowed to swing from a short rope for several days!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holger View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else notice a string of violent incidents coming out of SC? I lived in Cola for a few years and think very highly of the state. It just seems alot of things are happening from Greenville all the way to Charleston.
    Yes, you are correct. My corner of SC seems like a shooting gallery these days.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Grady said above:
    "I consider backing out of my garage, and pulling into my garage, two of the most dangerous times of my day. I ALWAYS have a handgun ready--not buried in my clothing or on-body holsters--but exposed for immediate deployment.

The shooter needs to be hunted down and removed, as well as any accomplices in the car."

This matches what FerFal says about the SHTF situation that hit Argentina in recent years. Be very carefull and aware as you enter/exit houses and buildings!

Surviving in Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Here's the article:

I consider backing out of my garage, and pulling into my garage, two of the most dangerous times of my day. I ALWAYS have a handgun ready--not buried in my clothing or on-body holsters--but exposed for immediate deployment.

The shooter needs to be hunted down and removed, as well as any accomplices in the car.
    i agree,thats when im usually at my most relaxed.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Another good reason to have an application approved before breeding can occur... Did I just think that out loud? Sadly though, there is a growing segment of youngsters without fathers and or mothers that teach responsibility, or are even around. Some though just skip over the borded and take what they want. Prayers for the victims, and thier families. Stay armed.
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

For many years, I've backed into parking spaces as well as my own driveway - and garage when a vehicle would actually fit inside. Why? Well, for most parking spaces, my Chevy Avalanche can maneuver better if I'm backing up rather than trying to drive straight in. (My personal thanks to the inventor of backup sensors and cameras!)

But for security, consider that by backing into your own driveway lets you unload your cargo, groceries, etc. without showing everyone what you have. When you open the doors, you are shielded from the streetside view or approach. When you are leaving your property, you are facing the street so you can look around while both entering and starting the engine. And again, you haven't exposed your cargo to the streetside view, lessening the attractiveness of a potential score to a thief.

And people ask me why i carry.....
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrmydeadbdy View Post
    This person is an example of the scum of the human race, and the downfall of our society. The shooters trial, conviction and sentencing should all be delt with one loud BANG!! Our thoughts and prayers go out to the father, son and the rest of the family.

Unfortunately the judicial system will probably take it easy on the individual that did this. Probably a juvenile that needs "counseling". Or an adult that was coerced into this initiation. Defense attorneys have so much avaiable to them I am surprised when can get any convictions.

No remorse, no mercy...The POS's need to be hunted down like animals and put down!
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Society in general and young wantabee punks are getting worse. Until parents take back control of their kids things will only continue to spiral downward. When caught the punks who did this need to be taken to the playground and allowed to swing from a short rope for several days!
    And there you hit the nail right on the head. Many if not most of our problems can be traced back to bad parenting, or in many cases NO parenting.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Dog View Post

I guess the good news in this sad story is either the gangbanger was a really bad shot or he was using a .22! The fact both father and son were shot multiple times and are expected to recover is amazing, must have been people praying for them.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, & may posterity forget you were countrymen.

Sponsored Links