BAD: Fast Food Manager Shot Three Times During Robbery Attempt - Randolph, MA

This is a discussion on BAD: Fast Food Manager Shot Three Times During Robbery Attempt - Randolph, MA within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Restaurant manager shot in Randolph - Local News Updates - The Boston Globe By Matt Collette, Globe Correspondent The manager of a Randolph fast food ...

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Restaurant manager shot in Randolph - Local News Updates - The Boston Globe

By Matt Collette, Globe Correspondent

The manager of a Randolph fast food restaurant was shot multiple times Friday night during an attempted armed robbery, police said.

A man wearing a black ski mask and a black hooded sweatshirt demanded money at 11:10 p.m. from the manager of Burger King located at 18 North St., Police Chief Paul Porter said.

The suspect shot the manager, whose name was not released by police, three times, once in the chest and in each leg.

The manager was taken by ambulance to Brockton Hospital, where he was listed in fair condition today. The suspect fled on foot without the loot.

Police are also investigating a second robbery, which happened just before midnight at the Rapid Refill Sunoco station on Route 139.

Authorities would not comment on whether the robberies, which occurred about a mile apart, were connected.

Police allege Felix Rivera-Otero, 29, of Linton, Ind. robbed the gas station, then led police on a brief car chase.

Police arrested Rivera-Otero after he crashed his car into a police cruiser. He will be arraigned Monday in Quincy District Court on charges of armed robbery, assault and battery, failure to stop for a police officer, operating a motor vehicle so as to endanger lives, and giving a false name at the time of arrest. The Sunoco cashier was not injured, police said.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Shot in the chest and listed in fair condition? The bullet either missed the lungs or was a small caliber round. I hope the manager makes it and the guy they caught gets hung for both.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Sounds like a safe he literally could not open due to time or access restraints. Pretty common thing, but sounds like the BG was too freakin stupid to know such a basic fact, had a temper tantrum at his sheer stupidity, and decided to be a "big man" by shooting the guy.

I hope he gets a cell with Bubba, who will make him feel like a "big man" every night

these robbers are idiots.go to prison for a little money?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    these robbers are idiots.go to prison for a little money?
    Not in MA they don't! They usually get probation or a very short jail term. It's society's fault that they do these things, it's never the perp's fault in MA!

Randolph has turned into a <self-censored>!! I grew up there and thankfully moved away. Paul Porter (chief) is a friend that I've known since high school. He told me in January, that he's retiring at the end of this year. Great send-off to a good guy . . . NOT!

Randolph is a gangster's haven. We drove by that location in the early afternoon on 12/27, on our way to the gun club and I commented to my Wife about all the hoods hanging around in that area (night and day).

VIP Member
    [QUOTE=LenS;962911]Not in MA they don't! They usually get probation or a very short jail term. It's society's fault that they do these things, it's never the perp's fault in MA!
    QUOTE]

Ditto MD, when I lived there.

I know a young man doing "life" in WV. I blame his parents and MD courts for putting him there.

From a young age he was "fooled" into believing he could get away with anything. Parents always blamed society -- bad influences in schools, the military kids (we lived just outside of Ft Mead).

Courts bought it. Slap on the wrist -- up to breaking into homes and stealing.

Warning, warning, warning, warning, = now a career criminal.

Flees to Grandparents home in WV.

Adult felonies in WV = hard time.

Had MD not taught him that the law was a joke, the joke would not have been on him.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

I service the equipment in many fast food chains and 75% of them have a large time-release safe that the shift manager can't even open, they just make "drops" of cash through a slot in the front... Robbing a FF joint is a no-go for big $$$. Pity the manger had to be injured by the idiot robber and glad he's doing okay.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, & may posterity forget you were countrymen.

hope he makes it....people still ask me why I carry...
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Links