Neutral: Ellie Nesler, RIP.

This is a discussion on Neutral: Ellie Nesler, RIP. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I remember when this happened. I'm sort of conflicted about her. On the one hand, if you knew the molester of your child was probably ...

Thread: Neutral: Ellie Nesler, RIP.

Neutral: Ellie Nesler, RIP.

I remember when this happened. I'm sort of conflicted about her. On the one hand, if you knew the molester of your child was probably going to walk, could you just accept it? On the other, the apple didn't fall far from the tree...

Ellie Nesler, who killed her son's accused molester in a California courtroom in 1993, has died of cancer at 56.

The killing ignited a national debate about vigilante justice. Nesler shot Daniel Driver five times in the head in a Tuolumne County courtroom during a break in his preliminary hearing for allegedly molesting four boys, including Nessler's then-6-year-old son William, at a Christian camp.

Nesler was convicted of voluntary manslaughter and sentenced to 10 years, but the punishment was thrown out because of jury misconduct. She then cut a deal with prosecutors, pleading guilty to manslaughter and being released after three years because of the cancer, which was diagnosed in 1994.

She returned to jail in 2002, however, after pleading guilty to selling and possessing methamphetamine. She was released in 2006.

Meanwhile, William Nesler is serving a 25-year-to-life term for his 2005 conviction for first-degree murder. Then 23, he stomped to death a man hired to clean his family's property. He said he believed David Davis was letting people pick through the family's belongings.
    Ellie Nesler, vigilante killer of son's alleged molester, is dead of cancer - On Deadline - USATODAY.com

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I lost any compassion for her when I read she was a convicted drug dealer, rather than RIP may she burn in hell for the lives she helped ruin with the drugs she pushed.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Archer,

I haven't known many dealers, but I have known a lot of down and out users. I have no tears to spare for them, they ruined their own lives. The dealer merely supplied the substance they used to ruin their lives.

I suppose you also condemn vintners and brewers?

Ryan

P.S. Your tagline is rather ironic.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Nesler shot Daniel Driver five times in the head in a Tuolumne County courtroom during a break in his preliminary hearing

She returned to jail in 2002, however, after pleading guilty to selling and possessing methamphetamine. She was released in 2006.

Meanwhile, William Nesler is serving a 25-year-to-life term for his 2005 conviction for first-degree murder. Then 23, he stomped to death a man hired to clean his family's property.
    Real nice family.

VIP Member
    I have no compassion for illegal drug dealers or illegal drug users. I do have compassion for the innocent lives that the 2 ruin. As to vintners and brewers, no, I don't condemn them. They manufacture a legal product, if someone chooses to purchase it and abuse it, that is their choice. Anything that happens to them is their own fault.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links