Bad: Get Robbed, Become Vigilantes, Shoot/Kill 14 Year Old

This is a discussion on Bad: Get Robbed, Become Vigilantes, Shoot/Kill 14 Year Old within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ahh, it's such a tempting progression...so, you know, justified! Looks like the antis are right on this one too... I hate it when the antis ...

Thread: Bad: Get Robbed, Become Vigilantes, Shoot/Kill 14 Year Old

Ahh, it's such a tempting progression...so, you know, justified!

Looks like the antis are right on this one too...

I hate it when the antis are right.

baltimoresun.com

Four charged in killing of boy, 14; fifth sought
    Gus G. Sentementes | gus.sentementes@baltsun.com

December 30, 2008

Baltimore police detectives charged four people in the killing of a 14-year-old boy in Brooklyn last month and are seeking a fifth person in the case.

Police charging documents allege that several adults were robbed by an unidentified person in a Brooklyn home Nov. 18 and then sought retribution. Three adults drove to a Southwest Baltimore house, where they picked up guns and two accomplices, then returned to Brooklyn, where they found Steven Graham riding his bicycle past a fire station, according to the documents.

Graham was shot once and died of his injuries later the same night, according to police.

Police investigators don't know whether Graham, an eighth-grader at Masonville Cove Community Academy in Brooklyn, was involved in the original robbery. But the boy, who had had scrapes with the law and whose uncle tried to protect him by voluntarily placing him on home detention, was targeted, according to the documents.

Last week, police charged three men and one woman in Graham's killing, and detectives are seeking one more person. Detectives described a conspiracy among people in their 40s and 50s to track down the person behind a robbery at a home in the 3500 block of Helmstetter Ave. - about three blocks from where Graham was killed.

The three men were identified as Joseph Richardson, 46, Virgil Hitchen, 43, and Lawrence Lewis, 46, all of Baltimore.

The woman was identified as Patricia Trusty, 53. Richardson and Trusty live together in the 1300 block of E. 33rd St.

Hitchen lives in the 4000 block of Walrad St., and Lewis lives in the 4100 block of Raymonn Ave.

All four were charged with murder, assault, conspiracy and weapons-related counts, according to electronic court records, and all are being held without bail at the Baltimore City Detention Center. The name of the fifth suspect was not released.

Charging documents allege that the adults pulled up next to Graham in a minivan and a sedan, and two people got out and fired one shot at him as he rode his bicycle past a Brooklyn fire station at 5th Street and Maude Avenue in the early evening of Nov. 18.

Paramedics in the station heard the gunshot and rushed to help Graham, but the bullet had severely damaged his lungs, spinal cord and aorta, according to charging documents. The boy died a short time later at Maryland Shock Trauma Center.

Graham is one of 26 juveniles killed in Baltimore this year, according to homicide statistics collected by The Baltimore Sun.

Baltimore Sun reporter Justin Fenton contributed to this article.

Four charged in killing of boy, 14; fifth sought -- baltimoresun.com

VIP Member
    OK, I give up, what are the anti's right on? Is there something in the article I missed?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    OK, I give up, what are the anti's right on? Is there something in the article I missed?
    Agreed.^^^ How are the anti's right? Were the shooters CCW holders?

If they were seeking retribution on their own, they do not sound like law-abiding citizens to me.

I think the CCW side is right on this one: gun laws do not keep criminals from committing gun crimes.

I too am confused about what the antis are right on about.

As I read it a criminal with a gun acting criminally made a home invasion toward criminal minded, and no doubt in the immediate criminal acting persons, toward undisclosed loss that they did not deem it worthy to contact the police rather than form a posse and go to the streets to clear up.
    In doing so they themselves criminals acting criminally secured arms by criminal means for use in criminal activity and unlicensed on body carry (securing a carry permit in MD is effectively impossible, especially so for criminals), which in itself is a criminal action.
    Next they prowl the streets looking for what appears to be their victimizer, an 14 yr. old boy (!) on a bike, and they as criminals acting criminally use their criminally secured and carried firearms to act criminally and commit a crime.

How does criminals acting like criminals support the assertion of anti's?

- Janq is not a criminal
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Mxyzptlk View Post

What were they right about? And what was the other case or cases they were right about?
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

If the anti's were right then the gun would have been charged with murder.

I never saw in the article where it said that the boy or whoever did the robbery had a gun. Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by PcMakr View Post
    I never saw in the article where it said that the boy or whoever did the robbery had a gun. Did I miss something?
    How does a 14 yr. old rob multiple adults, in a confined space such as a "home", without having been armed in some way. And considering the area and the alleged suspect as well as the persons involved, the arm very likely was a firearm as opposed to say a blade of some sort or a baseball bat.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

hmmmmmm, now i see.....someone stole Mxyzptlk password and is posting things to drive us crazy.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Agreed. It sounds like low-life sumbags doing their usually stuff. I don't really see where anti's are right.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    How does a 14 yr. old rob multiple adults, in a confined space such as a "home", without having been armed in some way. And considering the area and the alleged suspect as well as the persons involved, the arm very likely was a firearm as opposed to say a blade of some sort or a baseball bat.

- Janq
    Regardless...the victim was 14! 'Grown' men in their forties put a hit on a child? Cowards and degenerates.
    HK45c V1

im pretty sure this guy doesn't act anything like a child.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

LOL man that was a fun post Janq

It was almost criminal heh

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    I too am confused about what the antis are right on about.

As I read it a criminal with a gun acting criminally made a home invasion toward criminal minded, and no doubt in the immediate criminal acting persons, toward undisclosed loss that they did not deem it worthy to contact the police rather than form a posse and go to the streets to clear up.
    In doing so they themselves criminals acting criminally secured arms by criminal means for use in criminal activity and unlicensed on body carry (securing a carry permit in MD is effectively impossible, especially so for criminals), which in itself is a criminal action.
    Next they prowl the streets looking for what appears to be their victimizer, an 14 yr. old boy (!) on a bike, and they as criminals acting criminally use their criminally secured and carried firearms to act criminally and commit a crime.

How does criminals acting like criminals support the assertion of anti's?

- Janq is not a criminal
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    im pretty sure this guy doesn't act anything like a child.
    Yep.

Criminals preying on, ripping off, and acting against criminals thinking and acting criminally.

Now days, in Baltimore and most of America, a 14 yr. old will take your life and after that your cell phone too, to call in a take out order to Dominos. To kill and rip off that adult as well and eat the pizza right afterward.

- Janq

Sponsored Links