LEO makes a good shoot a few miles from my home

This is a discussion on LEO makes a good shoot a few miles from my home within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A little bad too, a manager at Eldora Mountain Ski Resort was killed by a deranged employee. It appears the employee killed his cat before ...

Thread: LEO makes a good shoot a few miles from my home

LEO makes a good shoot a few miles from my home

A little bad too, a manager at Eldora Mountain Ski Resort was killed by a deranged employee. It appears the employee killed his cat before going to work and killing his manager. The LEO seems to have done a great job while under fire! He was a SWAT team trainer and had an AR-15 in his vehicle. His vehicle was pretty shot up from the encounter including one through the windshield at head level on the driver's side.

Link:

Eldora gunman killed his cat before deadly rampage : Updates : The Rocky Mountain News

"NEDERLAND Authorities believe the gunman who killed the general manager at Eldora Mountain Resort Tuesday morning also killed his cat before embarking on a deadly rampage.

The gunman, Derik A. Bonestroo, 24, of Nederland, died during a standoff with a sheriff's deputy on a scenic highway several miles away not long after the shooting at Eldora.

Boulder Sheriff Cmdr. Phil West confirmed Wednesday that investigators found his cat dead from a knife or gunshot wound when they searched Bonestroo's apartment where he lived alone.

Officers also searched his parents' home in rural Boulder County near Hygiene, including the room where Bonestroo stayed.

Bonestroo, who was not well-known in the laid-back mountain community and had worked only this season as a lift operator, fired a bullet into the ceiling of the resort's locker room after saying something along the lines of: "I'm a Christian and if you're not a Christian I'm here to convert you."

West said that Bonestroo asked resort manager Brian Mahon about his own beliefs. Mahon told the gunman he was Catholic before being shot to death.

West said witnesses told conflicting accounts about what Bonestroo's exact words were.

This is what investigators say happened: Bonestroo walked into the locker room dressed in black, a pistol in his hand, shouting about religion before firing a shot into the ceiling."

2. Remove Ads

Oh wonderful. An anti-gun and anti-Christian opportunity. They're wrong, but that's never stopped them before!

Ryan

The three major newspapers around here are all staffed by libtards. They have been dancing around the "religious comments" statement since yesterday and saying there was a great variety of interprentation of what the shooter said about religion, but not saying more. This is the only story that said anything about religious comments. If this was true they would all be headlining the religious wacko story. I think they must be going with one person's statement that agrees with their libtard world view and ignoring the majority of testimony. I think this will turn out to further embarass the MSM.

It turns out that the BG was wounded by the LEO and shot himself in the head with his own weapon according to the latest reports. Probably helps the LEO sleep better. I think the LEO did a great job in this case!

VIP Member
    Then the man fired a single shot through the ceiling from his black handgun, West said.
    There you go, it was a "BLACK gun". Those things are evil, if he had owned one in green, camo finish or stainless tell this never would have happened!
    I'm actually surprised PETA isn't actively involved since the guy killed his cat before going on his rampage.

Bad for the family of the manager. Hopefully he had prepared for their future.

At least the state of CO won't have to foot the bill for trials and jail time for the scumbag.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links