Santa Shooting Comment

This is a discussion on Santa Shooting Comment within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Though you guys would enjoy this commentary: California's Bad Santa exposes the complete and utter failure of gun control laws | Buckeye Firearms Association...

Thread: Santa Shooting Comment

I carry a gun for the same reason I own a smoke detector...I never, ever, plan on needing them...but if I do need them, and have them in a box...I won't be able to get to them for use fast enough.

2. Remove Ads

• Your odds of drowning in a swimming pool are 1 in 6,279, and society has deemed it "sensible" to place live-saving devices and fences around the pool.
    • Your odds of dying riding your bike are 1 in 4,111, and society has deemed it "sensible" to wear a helmet.
    • Your odds of dying in a car accident are 1 in 261, and society has deemed it "sensible" to wear a seat belt.
    • Your odds of dying from assault are 1 in 210. Why would anyone think it's not "sensible" to have a means of protection?
    That says it all, right there. Using the above logic, one would think the sensible thing to do if ANY law were to be passed is to require citizens to be armed at all times if they're able.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    In the Brady bunch press release, Brady Campaign President Paul Helmke said that "in the New Year, we hope that our nation's leaders have the courage and conviction to take steps that will help protect our families and communities from gun violence."
    I constantly correct people, it is not “gun” violence it is criminal violence, the gun just happens the tool the criminal chooses to use. If guns were not available a criminal will just choose another weapon.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Links