Armed Robbery (CCWs- Watch your BACK!...)

This is a discussion on Armed Robbery (CCWs- Watch your BACK!...) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Got this article from a friend in my email, thought it should be posted here. Very inciteful. ----- Armed Robbery (CCWs- Watch your BACK!...) I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armed Robbery (CCWs- Watch your BACK!...)

Got this article from a friend in my email, thought it should be posted here. Very inciteful.
    -----

I was talking with my lady friend about an armed robbery that she was involved in years ago while she was working as employee of 7-11 in Denver. She and another woman employee were in the store working, there were two small neighborhood children in the store along with a man who was in the back of the store shopping, suddenly a man comes in with a mask on and points a .357 at the women and demands the money in the safe. the women try to explain that the safe was on a time lock and they could not open the safe for at least 10 minutes. they only had about $40.00 in the register and the armed robber was getting very angry.

What the women in the store did not know was that a woman across the street from the store saw two men beside the store and she saw the armed robber put the mask over his face so she drove down the one way street in front of the store the wrong way because she saw a police car up the street. She was able to advise the officer that an armed robbery was in progress at the store.

While the robber was demanding the money from the safe, he was pointing the gun and threatening to shoot the women, suddenly the police car drives thru the window of the store and the robber turns and shots were exchanged between the robber and the officer. My lady friend jumped on top of the two neighborhood children as the shots were exchanged. The robber tried to run away but was shot in the butt and apprehended. later the ladies learned that this robber was just out of prison for a previous armed robbery where he shot the woman teller in the back and she was paralyzed. the two neighborhood children had minor scrapes from my lady friend jumping on top of them to protect them from the shooting that was going on, the male customer who was in the back of the store left after the robber was apprehended.

Later the robber turning in his partner who happened to be the male customer in the store who had no mask on, when the robbery went wrong and his partner got shot, he left his gun hiding behind some food on the shelf and walked away as if he had nothing to do with the robbery. His job was to make sure the masked armed robber was protected and to insure the robber was not followed out of the store had it been successful. No one realized the second unmasked armed robber was even involved until much later. any CCW citizen would have thought there was only one shooter in the robbery ... so if you find yourself in a similar situation, never assume the obvious too quickly.
    -----

Just goes to show, not all robberies are crimes of passion, but some could be actually pretty well planned out. Go with your gut feelings. Always 'figure out' everybody in the store where you're shopping... even if there turns out to be no crime, I think this would be a good habit to make.

2. Remove Ads

Very valid point. You pull of firearm on marked badit and the second shooter is standing behind you. Something to think about.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Good story...I think you will see more and more "teamwork" robberies and such. One just happened here with a group of three.

Rick

Great story. Always something to keep in the back of your mind. I hope that I am never in this kind of situation.

Thanks for the heads-up!

VIP Member
    I think the idea behind the story is good, make sure you know what is going on before you get involved, and make sure no one is behind you.
    As to the story itself, sounds bogus. LEO driving through the front window? I don't think so!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Here's a link to the article's origin:
    USCCA Forums

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Keep your back to the wall and your SA high
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Good article to make us think and keep us sharp! Thanks for posting it.
    Sarge
    Sarge's Grips - grips that fit
    www.thefinergrain.com

Good post. As for me, I avoid the "Stop-N-Rob" stores like the plague, night or day.

Luckily, armed robberies around here are not all that sophisticated. But this is a truly scary scenario. Lets say you are further in the back of the store. You see the robber pull a gun and hold it up to the cashiers head. At that point, I would likely not have a shot. So I would take cover behind some shelf, and pull my gun. The dangerous part here: I would probably try to make eye contact with other shoppers to make sure where they are, and check if someone else has the same plan. A second robber would now have an easy target.

On the other hand: In hostage situations, police should detain everybody present and make sure on which side they are. I guess the officer in this case responded well and made sure the second robber was identified.

Now lets think ahead. What if I would stand behind the shelf with my gun drawn? Would the officer see me as a target? I doubt there is any time to communicate?

Anybody else feels its a bit risky to drive through the window? Worked out ok in this case. But I guess there is no "safe" way to end something like this.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

It stands to reason.

More civilians are becoming armed, making the BG career choice a bit more hazardous, thus the need to change tactics, become more proactive to insure that they can perform their job safely.

Everything must have balance.

Next predictable step, CC holders always travel/practice/train in pairs.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

This is one of the SD scenarios that makes my skin crawl, and I hope I never have the misfortune of experiencing.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Good Post.
    Always remember there may be more than one, and your backside is covered.

Good thing to keep in mind - i know I will.
    Trying to leave as large a carbon footprint as possible.
    Shivering in the "heat"
    Innocent as doves, wise as serpents, armed like wolves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links