GOOD: Man Shoots Invader - Covington, GA

This is a discussion on GOOD: Man Shoots Invader - Covington, GA within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man shoots burglar in 2 fingers as perpetrator fled scene A Covington man shot a burglar in his home Dec. 28, sending the perpetrator to ...

Thread: GOOD: Man Shoots Invader - Covington, GA

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

GOOD: Man Shoots Invader - Covington, GA

Man shoots burglar in 2 fingers as perpetrator fled scene

A Covington man shot a burglar in his home Dec. 28, sending the perpetrator to the hospital, where officers with the Covington Police Department arrested him.

  According to the incident report, the victim was asleep when he heard someone kick open his front door and enter his home. He said the grabbed his handgun from under his pillow, loaded the weapon and ran into the living room, where he saw the burglar standing in the foyer. The victim said he fired four shots and the intruder ran. The victim then grabbed his high-powered rifle and stood guard outside his home, where officers found him when they arrived at the home.

  Officers were able to track down the suspect, German Brown, in the emergency room at Newton Medical Center, where he sought treatment for a wound to his middle and ring fingers on this right hand. Brown’s shoes matched a shoe print left on the door at the home.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

I hope his "high powered rifle" wasn't also hidden under his pillow, unloaded as well. Anyway, beyond that, good for him... but it could've been worse.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    I thought the same thing.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

4 shots and one hit to the hand,he's lucky the guy wasn't armed and a better shot.This is one reason why I practice a lot
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

A Covington man shot a burglar in his home Dec. 28, sending the perpetrator to the hospital, where officers with the Covington Police Department arrested him.

  According to the incident report, the victim was asleep when he heard someone kick open his front door and enter his home. He said the grabbed his handgun from under his pillow, loaded the weapon and ran into the living room, where he saw the burglar standing in the foyer. The victim said he fired four shots and the intruder ran. The victim then grabbed his high-powered rifle and stood guard outside his home, where officers found him when they arrived at the home.

  Officers were able to track down the suspect, German Brown, in the emergency room at Newton Medical Center, where he sought treatment for a wound to his middle and ring fingers on this right hand. Brown’s shoes matched a shoe print left on the door at the home.
    Why would you sleep with an unloaded weapon under your pillow?
    Inaccurate news reporting? Maybe he just chambered a round...?

IF I'm going to sleep with my gun, and presumably because I would need it fast, it will be good to go the moment it hits my hand.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Four shots fired and a hit to the hand only is down right scary where did the other rounds land? I would give that guy a free basic pistol class if I knew who he was so that maybe he would see the value to train.

Standing outside with a weapon guarding his home stupid. If you ever have to shot someone do not be standing there with a weapon in your hand when the police arrive. If there is no one else that needs to be shot, put it away. There was a home owner shot by the police this summer for the samething.

There is a very few percentage of gun owners who seek professional training.
    You do not think the 9mm is effective? Then let me shoot at you.

VIP Member
    He said the grabbed his handgun from under his pillow, loaded the weapon and ran into the living room
    I'd hope it is just inaccurate reporting. A weapon with out a round in the chamber is not much good, one completely unloaded is useless.

Have to agree he needs some range time. Not very good marksmanship on his part. Have to wonder if he had a semi, or a wheel gun.

After it's all said and done the LEO's got the guy.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    IF I'm going to sleep with my gun, and presumably because I would need it fast, it will be good to go the moment it hits my hand.
    Amen to that.

Links