Ugly; Man kills son to avoid paying child support

This is a discussion on Ugly; Man kills son to avoid paying child support within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is just so EVIL WRONG I can't comprehend any reasoning behind it at all. Cops: Dad ordered to pay child support kills son - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugly; Man kills son to avoid paying child support

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Ugly; Man kills son to avoid paying child support

This is just so EVIL WRONG I can't comprehend any reasoning behind it at all.

Cops: Dad ordered to pay child support kills son - Yahoo! News
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Anyone that would even "think" of doing something like this should be executed. Yes, I'm in favor of the death penalty.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Although he had visiting rights, Platt, 22, of New Orleans, had never visited the boy until he picked him up Friday, Riley said.
    Some people should never be allowed to breed. This guy is one of them.

I hope he gets the death penalty.

I would say what I'd do but it'd be deleted for violating board rules.
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

AEA
    Riley said. "I mean there are some sick individuals in this society, and this gentleman is clearly one."

I don't think he should have used the term "gentleman" in this sentence.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    If ever there was a time to apply the death penalty, it's when trying a man for killing his own child because he didn't want to pay child support!!!

Heck, I've got a nice length of rope and a tall tree with a couple of sturdy branches.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Sick! Death penalty for sure. No reason to spend my tax dollars to give him free room and board, three square meals, and free entertainment (some unwanted ) for the rest of his life.

People suck.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

VIP Member
    Cops: Dad ordered to pay child support kills son
    By JANET McCONNAUGHEY, Associated Press Writer Janet Mcconnaughey,

NEW ORLEANS – A man who initially told police gunmen kidnapped his 2 1/2-year-old son was arrested Saturday, accused of committing an "extremely hideous" murder because he was ordered to pay child support, Police Superintendent Warren Riley said.

Danny Platt confessed, told police where to find the child's body and will be booked on a charge of first-degree murder in the death of Ja' Shawn Powell, Riley said at a news conference.

"He had said he would kill either his wife or his child before he paid child support," which he recently had been ordered to do, Riley said.

Riley said he did not know the amount of child support and would not describe how the boy was killed, saying the coroner would do that after the autopsy was complete. The coroner's spokesman did not immediately return a call.

"The mother is in a safe place," Riley said.

Although he had visiting rights, Platt, 22, of New Orleans, had never visited the boy until he picked him up Friday, Riley said.

Police put out a notice Saturday asking people to look for the boy and saying his father had told them three men with dreadlocks and AK-47 rifles had piled out of an SUV and kidnapped Ja' Shawn shortly before midnight Friday.

"His story never really added up," Riley said. "He was a suspect from the very beginning."

Riley said Platt eventually confessed and told officers where to find the body.

Police spokesman officer Janssen Valencia said he did not know if Platt has an attorney.

Platt had only a couple of "very minor" previous arrests, Riley said.

"How does an individual — because he's ordered to pay child support to take care of a kid ... believe that this is so much pressure that he would face — he would do this hideous act to his own child, or to any child, and think that is a remedy to paying child support?" Riley said. "I mean there are some sick individuals in this society, and this gentleman is clearly one."
    Can't argue with Superintendent Rileys last statement at all. Hopefully his fellow inmates will save the state some money on this guy!

I don't wanta have to pay to support this scumbag in prison,so under his reasoning I think we should be allowed to kill him
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    People suck.
    Now ya went and done it: made me feel horrible for laughing so hard. But I do agree your comment was concise, eloquent, and accurate... especially in this guy's case.

Can't say here, what I think should be done to him.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

The actions of this walking pile of garbage defy belief. The only thing even remotely comforting about the situation is that the guy will be at the absolute bottom of the pecking order during his stay at the crowbar motel.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Here is the follow up that came out locally today. Killed the boy because he own 4K and "I had a whole bunch of reasons." I hope Bubba does his job well. For those of you not from the area, the N.O. police chief is a whining, blundering idiot who thinks N. O. is safe and mere mortals don't need weapons for their own protection. I'm actually surprised he didn't say it was the fault of the imaginary AK 47s that made the "gentleman" commit the crime.

La. father accused of killing son owed $4K
    Published: 1/4/09, 4:46 PM EDT
    By JANET McCONNAUGHEY
    NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Danny Platt said he was under a lot of pressure. He apparently owed his estranged wife $4,000 in back child support.

But there were no signs of stress when the 22-year-old father, accused of killing his 2-year-old son over the child support debt, went to pick up his little boy for a weekend visit, his mother said Sunday.

On Friday, several hours after her son, Ja' Shawn, left, Daniella Powell received a phone call. It was Platt. He said their son had been kidnapped and quickly hung up.

Powell called back in disbelief. She said her husband gave different accounts of the kidnapping. She asked if he had called police. He said he had, but when she called authorities, they hadn't heard from him.

Police said Platt made up an elaborate story about his son being kidnapped by three men armed with AK-47 rifles late Friday night. Platt eventually confessed to the killing, telling authorities he "would kill either his wife or his child before he paid child support," Police Superintendent Warren Riley said Saturday.

Later, he led police to the boy's body. He has been booked on a charged of first-degree murder.

On Saturday night, as he was being led to jail in handcuffs, Platt said he was under a lot of pressure and acknowledged killing his son, but disputed the slaying occurred solely over the debt to his estranged wife.

"I'm sorry about killing my baby," Platt told reporters. "I had a whole bunch of reasons."

It's not clear whether Platt has an attorney. Telephone messages left Sunday for New Orleans police and the coroner's office were not immediately returned.

Powell said Sunday the two never had any violent fights and Platt wasn't going through any emotional problems.

"He knew what he was doing. He killed my 2-year-old son," she said.

Powell said her son's body was found in a plastic bag at a park. She and her family were busy preparing her son's funeral arrangements.

"I don't have money for anything. We are trying to come up with it now," Powell said.

Police said Saturday in announcing the arrest that Platt hadn't seen his son in quite some time. Powell said Platt had taken the boy trick-or-treating on Halloween, but acknowledged they hadn't spoken for a couple of months. However, she didn't think it was odd Platt wanted to spend the weekend with his son.

Ja 'Shawn was excited about seeing his father, she said. "He went to the door and said, 'Daddy' when he came to pick him up," she said.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Just when I thought that as a society we had sunk to the lowest depths possible, another Susan Smith type scumbag such as this guy pops to the surface. As has been said above, I hope someone Jeffrey Dahmer's this guy in the shower in very short order.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links