BAD & BAD: Home Invasion - Thugs Get Away, Homeowner Arrested - Ft. Myers, FL

This is a discussion on BAD & BAD: Home Invasion - Thugs Get Away, Homeowner Arrested - Ft. Myers, FL within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Lee County deputies investigate home invasion, discover marijuana at the scene : Lee : Naples Daily News According to a Lee County Sheriff's Office news ...

Thread: BAD & BAD: Home Invasion - Thugs Get Away, Homeowner Arrested - Ft. Myers, FL

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

BAD & BAD: Home Invasion - Thugs Get Away, Homeowner Arrested - Ft. Myers, FL

Lee County deputies investigate home invasion, discover marijuana at the scene : Lee : Naples Daily News

According to a Lee County Sheriff's Office news release, deputies were called to 8721 Ortiz Circle, in Fort Myers, on Friday, Jan. 02, 2009, at approximately 3:30 p.m. in reference to a home invasion robbery. Due to the nature of the situation, detectives with the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Robbery Unit assumed the investigation.

Detectives learned from the victim that at approximately 3:20 p.m., three men knocked on the front door of her home. When she answered the door, all three men forcibly entered the home and displayed weapons to the victims. The suspects took a jewelry box and immediately left the home on foot. They then got into an older model gray Oldsmobile and left the scene. There were no injuries during the incident.

The three suspects are described as black males, 16-25 years of age. One of the individuals was described as having dread-locks, with the other two having short hair. One of the suspects was described as wearing a white tank top and blue jeans.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at (239) 477-1000, or Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477).

As robbery detectives conducted their investigation, they discovered an undisclosed amount of marijuana both inside and outside the home. Detectives with the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Vice/Intelligence Narcotics Division responded to the scene to assume that portion of the investigation. No charges have been filed at this time. The incident remains under investigation.
    Now why wouldn't you hide the dope before calling the police to report the invasion/robbery? How stupid can you be?
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

The article doesn't say the homeowner was arrested.
    I'm sure it was for 'medicinal' purposes
    HK45c V1

VIP Member
    As robbery detectives conducted their investigation, they discovered an undisclosed amount of marijuana both inside and outside the home.
    Can we say STUPID!! Of course if your high your not going to think about hiding the dope, after all that's not what the cops are going to be looking for.

It would've been a good idea to do some quick "flushy" time before the call then.

A sad case of what seems to be a "regular" home burglary, but the homeowner was busted due to MJ. And I'm guessing it was more than a trivial amount...

This _EXACT_ same scenario happened in my zone last week.

I didn't think to post it as it's simply a case of criminals preying on criminals.
    But as this is here I'll go back and recover it from the local news archive for posting.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

The marijuana outside may of been growing plants,they should at least of hung christmas tree lights on them to make them look like special trees,all it takes is for an officer to see some pot seeds or a joint and he has established PC to search
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

WHY don't we decriminalize marijuansa? Fer Crisake the stuff is not NEARLY as bad as alcohol!! This society is just SO stupid sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Bouquett View Post
    WHY don't we decriminalize marijuansa? Fer Crisake the stuff is not NEARLY as bad as alcohol!! This society is just SO stupid sometimes.
    agree,we have much more pressing issues.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Maybe the BGs had holes in their pockets?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I wonder if the victims ever did a home invasion to steal stuff so they could buy pot?

Im betting the answer is no.

Im all for freeing the non violent drug offender to open up more space for pedophiles and rapists etc...
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Bouquett View Post
    You're absolutely correct. There's a reason the US has the largest prison population in the world. And at about $50k per prisoner per year (I believe, I might be wrong on the figure), we needed to have done something long, long ago.

It could really help reduce a lot of the crime associated with this drug. Remember that what got our NFA weapons near-banned was the gangster era of the Prohibition period. It had nothing to do with alcohol per se, but just the illegality surrounding it. Black markets breed crime, that is a fact.

There is no logic in banning MJ... and maybe we can extend that to several other drugs as well. IMO people should be free to do what they want, and put in their own bodies... if they want to take harder drugs and mess up their life, that should be their choice.

IT's time to stop the madness and stop wasting our LE's time. Especially with fading police budgets, we need to focus on real, victim-oriented crime. As of right now, the only justification for MJ legislation is that the distribution network breeds crime. Well, the only reason it breeds crime is because MJ is a crime itself. So... its self-defeating in a sense.

I agree with Paul34.

I would never use hard drugs even if they were legal. I believe many think that way. If someone wants to do hard drugs...let it be on their health. Let them kill themselves....purge themselves from the gene pool.

BUT any crime done because of their drug use or to steal to support their drug use should be dealt with in the most severe manner. Limit their use of public money and health care if they are not paying for it themselves.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I tend to agree with the statements previously mentioning the decriminilization of MJ but not of heavier drugs.

My reasoning is the potential benefits: 1. the lowered prison population and associated costs = taxpayer savings. 2. the potential for lowering the cost of the war on drugs= taxpayer savings. 3. the potential for increasing federal and state tax revenues through a usage\sales tax = money for increased border security. 4. the potential to stop the exports of massive amounts of dollars being exported to the drug cartels = thus helping the Mexican government fight said drug cartels and keeping that money circulating here in the U.S. economy.

Links