Good, Bad & Stupid: 911 call leads police department to marijuana haul

This is a discussion on Good, Bad & Stupid: 911 call leads police department to marijuana haul within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As featured in my local news: 911 call leads police department to marijuana haul By Scott Merzbach Staff Writer Published on December 26, 2008 A ...

Thread: Good, Bad & Stupid: 911 call leads police department to marijuana haul

Good, Bad & Stupid: 911 call leads police department to marijuana haul

As featured in my local news:

911 call leads police department to marijuana haul

By Scott Merzbach
    Staff Writer
    Published on December 26, 2008

A home invasion at an Amherst residence Saturday night led to the arrest of one of the residents for allegedly possessing close to $70,000 worth of pot, but the person who allegedly invaded the home armed with a handgun remains at large.

Michael Parker, 25, of 8 Charles Lane, was arrested Saturday at 7:14 p.m. at his home on a charge of possession with intent to distribute a class D substance, marijuana, police said.

Police gave the following account of the arrest:

Sgt. William Menard of the police detective bureau said officers were called by Parker, one of three residents who lives at the home, after he returned home to find a man wearing a mask and wielding a gun already inside. Parker fled, and the intruder also left, Menard said.

Meanwhile, when police arrived, they noticed indications that the home was being used for distribution of drugs, obtained a search warrant and entered the house for a search, Menard said.

Police say investigators seized more than 20 pounds of marijuana, with an estimated street value of between $3,000 and $3,500 per pound, as well as packaging materials also found in the home.

A second resident is expected to be charged with illegal drug possession, according to Menard.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

The incident follows two others in North Amherst on Meadow Street in early December, in which homes were reportedly entered during the evening hours and weapons were shown.

In the first incident a laptop computer and cash were stolen, while in the second, electronic items were taken and then abandoned outside the home after the residents got into a struggle with the intruders. The struggle led to one resident being struck in the head with a BB gun that looked like a handgun.

The story can be found via; Amherst Bulletin | 911 call leads police department to marijuana haul

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

Updated: Marijuana bust in Amherst leads to second arrest

As featured in my local news:

Marijuana bust in Amherst leads to second arrest
    By THE DAILY HAMPSHIRE GAZETTE
    Staff Writer

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

AMHERST - A second man has been arrested in connection with alleged marijuana sales from an Amherst home.

(Name removed), 23, of Rye, N.H., was arrested Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. at the police station on a charge of possession with intent to distribute a class D substance, marijuana, police said.

(Name Removed), who lives locally at 8 Charles Lane, is the second resident of the house to be arrested following an incident Saturday night at the home in which an intruder entered the residence with a handgun and fled.

A subsequent search warrant executed at the home uncovered 20 pounds of marijuana in the home, with street value of $3,000 to $3,500 per pound, and packaging materials, police said.

Michael Parker, 25, also of 8 Charles Lane, was arrested Saturday on the same charge.

Sgt. William Menard of the police detective bureau said Wednesday that the intruder remains at large and police are continuing to investigate the incident.

Police are also looking into any connections between this home invasion and two earlier incidents on Meadow Street in early December in which occupied homes were entered by several people and electronic items were stolen.

The story can be found at; Marijuana bust in Amherst leads to second arrest | GazetteNET

- Janq
    Last edited by ffadmin; April 23rd, 2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: removed Names
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    I'm sure they'll make one of the upcoming "Stupid Criminal" programs. They're probably still trying to figure out why they were arrested!

That's hilarious! Criminals meeting criminals more brazen and dangerous than themselves call the cops to help them!
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Seems these perps were a little more entrepreneurial (and dumber, due to the volume of pot) than the ones in CT-Mike's thread. Quite a coincidence with the two stories being so similar.

Shoot, can't drug dealers get any decent police assistance (without interference) any more?

Administrator
    And...I just LOVE these drugged up muddled dolts that call 911 and request Police because they get ripped off and get their money stolen trying to buy drugs in a drug deal gone bad.

Wow, yeah thats just dumb....
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

They just get dumber and dumber........
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

"911?! Hello??!!! Yes, someone stole my pot! Please send the police!"

VIP Member
    I guess if criminals were smart, then they probably wouldn't be criminals in the first place!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I guess if criminals were smart, then they probably wouldn't be criminals in the first place!
    +1!

Links