Low turnout at gun-giveback

This is a discussion on Low turnout at gun-giveback within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; first of all, they couldn't find a person dumb enough too donate money for a buy-back, so they made this a voluntary give-back. Secondly, the ...

Thread: Low turnout at gun-giveback

Low turnout at gun-giveback

first of all, they couldn't find a person dumb enough too donate money for a buy-back, so they made this a voluntary give-back. Secondly, the turnout was low. and lastly, someone returned a 32 mm pistol???

Project CRIME aims to keep streets safe | Jacksonville.com
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
    ............. and lastly, someone returned a 32 mm pistol???

Hey, somebody had the good sense to give away a silly little mouse gun! There's a problem here?

Would that be a flare gun?

Michael

If there funding is low why not make sure the serial numbers are clear. Clean the guns up and sell them at auction to law abiding citizens just looking for a deal....oops that actually makes sense....
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Bouquett View Post
    Hey, somebody had the good sense to give away a silly little mouse gun! There's a problem here?
    Uh, 1 inch = 25.4 mm, so 32 mm = slightly over 1 1/4 inches.
    We are always poking fun at the ignorant media.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

I'm guessing it was a .32 acp = mousegun.

I would pay money to see someone fire a 32 millimeter handgun - as long as it's not someone I know and love. lol

Ryan

mkh
    I saw that on the front page of the Times Union. I wonder how many criminals turned in their guns?

Years ago I was at a "gun surrender" in Newark NJ. People were bringing in all sorts of guns for $50 AmEx gift cards. They took in around 200 guns during the weekend.

From what I saw most were junk, and most were turned in by women and minors. I do remember some moron turned in a perfect looking Glock 19, and another turned in a Sig 225 that looked pretty nice........ the rest were just crap guns from what I could tell. Old revolvers and shotguns mostly......

Several "no name" looking polymer autos, must have been 50 of those things in a pile and not ONE of them looked to be worth a darn...

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    gun turn-in's make me LOLOL. Just rediculous.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

VIP Member
    Gun turn in's are nothing more than a "feel good-do nothing" exercise for the sheep.

Links