$150 Glock Used

This is a discussion on $150 Glock Used within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. Brother shoots sister, father goes to jail A very sad story, and I don't want to sound to ...

Thread: $150 Glock Used

$150 Glock Used

KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. Brother shoots sister, father goes to jail

A very sad story, and I don't want to sound to crass, but a Glock goes for $150 on the street? I can only guess the condition. Still, hard to believe a Glock goes for $150. Maybe stolen firearms to hot to gain a good price?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. Brother shoots sister, father goes to jail

A very sad story, and I don't want to sound to crass, but a Glock goes for $150 on the street? I can only guess the condition. Still, hard to believe a Glock goes for $150. Maybe stolen firearms to hot to gain a good price?
    To the criminal......a stolen firearm is free....selling a stolen firearm on the street to another worthless criminal would never happen for $400......$150 in profit for a quick transaction? You betchya! And if it so happens that pistol was just recently used in committing a crime...there may even be a 50% discount. Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    To the criminal......a stolen firearm is free....selling a stolen firearm on the street to another worthless criminal would never happen for $400......$150 in profit for a quick transaction? You betchya! And if it so happens that pistol was just recently used in committing a crime...there may even be a 50% discount. Think about it.
    Ya, I should have thought about that.

VIP Member
    Anything they steal and sale is pure profit. If they steal 3 guns in a 15 minute break in and sale them for $450. That figures out to be a lot better hourly wage than what I make. Of course my line of work has a lot longer life expectancy!

the gun store suxs
    Smart brains stay in the skull. Other types are scraped up off the sidewalk.

most stolen guns sell cheap on the streets.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    The article says one charge he was arrested on was "child abuse, for keeping a loaded gun in a house with small children". Look, the father may be a no good crook but if this charge is for real, that is something we all need to fight.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

I was once offered a Glock 19, in nice shape for $150......... but I knew (well I was pretty sure) it had to be stolen or used in some crime. And I didn't have a permit to own at the time so there was no way I was buying it.

It happened so fast. I was at my buddy's shop and some guy he knew was there. I happened to mention that I had just applied for my pistol permit and the next thing I know this guy went to his car and came back with this Glock 19.

He's like "I got this for $200 and I'll give it to you right now for $150"

I just said no thanks and walked away. But it got me to thinking how easy it is for a crook to get a gun. Just walk into any city in the USA and ask someone and I bet within one hour you could have a gun........

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    The article says one charge he was arrested on was "child abuse, for keeping a loaded gun in a house with small children". Look, the father may be a no good crook but if this charge is for real, that is something we all need to fight.
    I was wondering who else was going to pick up on this! He was charged with child abuse for having a loaded gun? How many of us have loaded guns in our homes? Are we then child abusers by this cities standards and laws?

Kevin

If you leave that handgun unlocked, loaded, and where a child can reach it. Then yeah, that's gross negligience and he should be charged with everything they can possibly think of which is what it sounds like they are doing.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyM77 View Post
    If you leave that handgun unlocked, loaded, and where a child can reach it. Then yeah, that's gross negligience and he should be charged with everything they can possibly think of which is what it sounds like they are doing.
    Sure, but that is the slippery slope. Anti's ALWAYS use "common sense" gun laws with the eventual goal of total confiscation. I was just wondering if what the media says here is the actual law:

if you keep a loaded gun in a house with small children, it is child abuse.

Maybe the actual law doesn't read like this, but the way it was stated made me very nervous.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by BradyM77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    Sure, but that is the slippery slope. Anti's ALWAYS use "common sense" gun laws with the eventual goal of total confiscation. I was just wondering if what the media says here is the actual law:

if you keep a loaded gun in a house with small children, it is child abuse.

Maybe the actual law doesn't read like this, but the way it was stated made me very nervous.
    Yeah going by that kind of logic, darn near everything in your house should be locked up in a vault with multiple lock systems(ie car keys, the oven, the microwave, etc...)
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

criminal negligence? maybe, but child abuse? hardly
    "An armed society is a polite society" - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Kgregson View Post
    I was wondering who else was going to pick up on this! He was charged with child abuse for having a loaded gun? How many of us have loaded guns in our homes? Are we then child abusers by this cities standards and laws?

Kevin
    I understand your concerns, but safety of the child will trump any argument you will make. I believe the firearm is required to be reasonable secured, I think in most all jurisdictions, if a child (or felon) is a member of the household. Then, child abuse can be defined as causing or permitting any harmful or offensive contact on a child's body. The charge works.

Did you notice that by the time police arrived he had already thrown the gun over the back yard fence. He obviously doesn't care who finds it. What a loser.

Links