Home invasion story - Page 2

Home invasion story

This is a discussion on Home invasion story within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife and I didn't know we had "murder in our hearts" until we had babies 26 years ago. Still do. IMHO, I think a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home invasion story

My wife and I didn't know we had "murder in our hearts" until we had babies 26 years ago. Still do.

IMHO, I think a home intruder would rather be shot than pummeled to death with blunt objects. Pummeling sounds kind of painful, but very fitting in a symmetrical fashion.

The intruder got what he deserved.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    That was interesting.

How long did they keep him?

I guess I'm asking if it was just a normal post incident lock-up? I'd expect to be taken someplace till things wee straightened out if I were involved in a death in my house.
    They actually kept him for about 4 months. Needless to say, he was pretty nervous, and on top of that, couldn't afford an attorney and was left with a public defender. Charges were dropped, thankfully. This guy doesn't deserve to be locked up, he's a good, honest, productive member of society.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop
    More info on this "Make my Day" law please....
    18-1-704.5. Use of deadly physical force against an intruder.
    Statute text

(1) The general assembly hereby recognizes that the citizens of Colorado have a right to expect absolute safety within their own homes.

(2) Notwithstanding the provisions of section 18-1-704, any occupant of a dwelling is justified in using any degree of physical force, including deadly physical force, against another person when that other person has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, and when the occupant has a reasonable belief that such other person has committed a crime in the dwelling in addition to the uninvited entry, or is committing or intends to commit a crime against a person or property in addition to the uninvited entry, and when the occupant reasonably believes that such other person might use any physical force, no matter how slight, against any occupant.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    no jury in alabama would do anything to him except give him a medal. break into a child's room? he made a very very bad mistake. hold up a liquor store- but stay away from kids, period.
    rb
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Otis
    They actually kept him for about 4 months. Needless to say, he was pretty nervous, and on top of that, couldn't afford an attorney and was left with a public defender. Charges were dropped, thankfully. This guy doesn't deserve to be locked up, he's a good, honest, productive member of society.
    4 MONTHS!?! Guess they were going to try and charge him! Glad everything turned out OK. I'd be pretty nervous after a couple days!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I can't believe they kept him for four months, there aren't any words to describe how wrong that is.

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    I can't believe they kept him for four months, there aren't any words to describe how wrong that is.
    Welcome to California!!!!!

VIP Member
    It seems any time a big guy takes out a little guy, the little guy is immediately the "poor little victim," even though he may have been the aggressor. And in this case he was. Unfortunately, there seems to be a bias against big guys and the level of physical force they can execute, no matter what the little guy is doing or if he's armed to the teeth.

"Forget about the little girl who may have been kidnapped, raped, and/or killed - daddy shouldn't have punched that man so hard."

I imagine the daughter witnessed dad beating the guy to death, and I hope she (and her dad) will recover emotionally.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I see your point Betty. Just another reason for me NOT to exercise.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Sometimes you don't have to exercise. I'm 6'3" and 260 lbs. I have never worked out regularly, and I deal with the "big guy" crap all the time.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Quote Originally Posted by cjm5874
    Sometimes you don't have to exercise. I'm 6'3" and 260 lbs. I have never worked out regularly, and I deal with the "big guy" crap all the time.
    Being a "big guy" really worked against him in the legal aspect (definitely not in the self defense aspect!) They said his hands were considered a lethal weapon because of his size. I've heard of that with people who have a black belt or other advanced martial arts training, but this guy doesn't.

I hate to hear the girl had to witness the beating, but I'm glad the dad stepped up to the plate. Like Betty said, they'll need a little time to recover from all this, but just imagine how much time they'd need to recover if the dad hadn't done what was necessary.
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links