Home invasion story

This is a discussion on Home invasion story within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A client of mine (huge, scary looking guy, just to paint a picture) came in the other day, asked what he'd been up to, he ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home invasion story

Home invasion story

A client of mine (huge, scary looking guy, just to paint a picture) came in the other day, asked what he'd been up to, he said he had been in county jail. It seems that he heard a thump in the night, went into his 7yo daughters room and saw a black man coming in through the window. The intruder didn't have a chance. This guy beat him with his fists and actually wound up killing the guy. The intruder was unarmed, and my friend didn't even give the guy a chance to leave, just beat the life out of him. The manslaughter charges were dropped and he was allowed to go free, thank god. This guy doesn't deserve to be locked up, he's a good guy, and those of you with kids can probably completely understand his reaction to someone coming in his daughters room. Just thought you guys would find it an interesting story.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I feel sorry for him if he's coming into my daughter's room. If I hear a thump, the first thing I'm doing is throwing the phone at my wife as I grab my gun(s).
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Oh yeah, if my daughter were still at home (and not married with her own Ruger SP101) it'd be a race to see whether I or my wife got to a 45 first. If he's lucky, it's me 'cause then he's just dead. My wife...well the same result, but it takes a bit longer and it's a whole lot more painful....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Assistant Administrator
    When it comes to kids and any threat then yeah - any goblin is gonna get thoroughly short-changed, in a hurry.

It matters not if he/she is armed. If they break in and a threat is perceived then - well - folks do what they gotta do!!!

This goes to show, as if we needed proof - that a physical beating can be lethal - and so if on the potential receiving end - we darned well can feel in fear of life.

Break in to a home - and face the consequences.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

good for your friend. Hopefully the DA doesnt charge him with anything, i dont believe California has very good self defence laws. Here in Colorado, the DA wouldnt give him a second look due to our "make my day" law.
    Driver carries less then $20 of remorse.

1952 - 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    It matters not if he/she is armed. If they break in and a threat is perceived then - well - folks do what they gotta do!!!
    IMHO and the laws of Nevada if an intruder unknown to you has breached the security of your home he is entitled to what ever action you deem necessary for the safety of your home and family. Because, by breaking into your home, his intent is clear.

In short my answer to an intruder is simple: BANG-THUMP

"The owner of this property is armed and willing to protect life, liberty and property from criminal attack. There is nothing here worth risking your life for".
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Exclamation Parent bad....granny worse!

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Break in to a home - and face the consequences.
    That being said and agreed upon...it's bad to face a parent to be sure....but for some reason I think it's FAR FAR worse to face Granny with a baseball bat....let alone a 45!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

The use of deadly force is justifiable under this section if:
    (A) there has been an entry into the actor's dwelling;
    (B) the actor neither believes nor has reason to believe that the entry is lawful; and
    (C) the actor neither believes nor has reason to believe that force less than deadly force would be adequate to terminate the entry
    Straight from http://members.aol.com/StatutesP8/18PA507.html for PA. I would say under our laws, he had every right to do what he did.

If someone is creeping into one of my kid's rooms, you can believe there will be consquences.
    "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. For when you look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you."

Nietzsche

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    When the BG came onto his property - especially entered his home - I believe he forfeited any rights to his own personal well being he had before doing that.
    He might as well have jumped under a speeding truck on the highway.
    The consequences of his actions were the cause of his own death.

Someone asked me wouldn't it bother me if I shot and killed someone.
    My responce was and is: I've prayed "Lord, please don't let me shoot anyone who doesnt' need shootin".
    If someone does something to cause their own death by my having to defend myself or someone else - then they too might just as well have jumped under a speeding truck on the highway.
    Their decision \ actions caused their own death, not my fault.
    For God, Family and Country!

Lead Moderator
    That was interesting.

How long did they keep him?

I guess I'm asking if it was just a normal post incident lock-up? I'd expect to be taken someplace till things wee straightened out if I were involved in a death in my house.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Having gone through an attempted home invasion last Summer, I can say that anyone who successfully breaks into my home better like it here because it's the last place they'll ever see. My family will be defended - PERIOD.

Thats why Colorado has the "Make my day law" to protect honest homeowners of creeps like this.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    <<Here in Colorado, the DA wouldnt give him a second look due to our "make my day" law.>>

Hooah.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    More info on this "Make my Day" law please....
    For God, Family and Country!

Lead Moderator
    Can't say I wouldn't react atleast similar to someone coming in my kids room. Glad he is a free man again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links