Interview with a gunfighter: Landlord Kills two (MUST SEE VIDEO) - Page 2

Interview with a gunfighter: Landlord Kills two (MUST SEE VIDEO)

This is a discussion on Interview with a gunfighter: Landlord Kills two (MUST SEE VIDEO) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Thanks for sharing. I agree with others that the interview could come back to bite him, but it also sounds like he was quick to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interview with a gunfighter: Landlord Kills two (MUST SEE VIDEO)

Thanks for sharing. I agree with others that the interview could come back to bite him, but it also sounds like he was quick to tell all to the LEO...

Armchair Quarterback Score:
    I give him an A+ for his quick thought and action, A C- for only carrying sometimes, and a F for opening himself up to such liability.

All that aside, he and his wife are alive and well, and 2 BGs are no longer a threat.
    Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. -C. S. Lewis

Intense video.

Since this is from June 08, does anyone know what has happened since?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    We hear about this all the time but still I have to ask. How in the name of heaven can a couple ot thugs or anybody for that matter steal a tec9 from the police property room?
    It happened under severe stress, so it is possible he didn't identify the weapon properly. Who knows... I guess the only way to find out for sure is to read the police report, since I would assume they confiscated the perp's weapon.

I just got this from a former student of my wife's, whom I mentored thru his senior year. His dad is a retired police officer. The cop in this story is a friend of theirs. Another happy ending. Notice what the cop says at the end of the article about his training. Doral cop, intruder hurt in fight at home - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    I just got this from a former student of my wife's, whom I mentored thru his senior year. His dad is a retired police officer. The cop in this story is a friend of theirs. Another happy ending. Notice what the cop says at the end of the article about his training. Doral cop, intruder hurt in fight at home - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com
    Just read this article, and I can't say I care for the way the reported kept referring to the scumbag as "the supposed attacker". That sounds even worse than "alleged", as though the officer made up the entire story.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    As he said, anytime, anyplace. Luckily he was prepared and was able to end a bad situation.
    whatever it takes:to go home safe
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Good shoot, good shot. Would not agree to an interview.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Very Very good post - Thanks for sharing.
    For God, Family and Country!

I think a "debriefing" like this is a very valuable learning tool. I don't think the interview will hurt him. If anything, this interview could be used as proof that it was a good shot.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

It doesn't matter if it was a good shoot or not. He will most likely be sued silly by everybody possibly related to the two BG's and he will be spending all his retirement savings on legal fee's. And this video will be shown by the BG's relatives slimeballs...oops I mean attorneys. Two things that I believe will happen if I'm ever involved in a good shot are: I will not be charged criminally. And: I WILL be sued.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Was this in Florida? If so - or another state that passed similar legislation (Castle Law) - It's my understanding he will be fine and no problems with a law suit.

Quote Originally Posted by BradyM77 View Post
    It doesn't matter if it was a good shoot or not. He will most likely be sued silly by everybody possibly related to the two BG's and he will be spending all his retirement savings on legal fee's. And this video will be shown by the BG's relatives slimeballs...oops I mean attorneys. Two things that I believe will happen if I'm ever involved in a good shot are: I will not be charged criminally. And: I WILL be sued.
    For God, Family and Country!

mkh
    I think he was just doing what he thought was right when he gave the interview. Hopefully it won't come back to haunt him. You can tell from his demeanor that the shooting was something that he had to do but that he wishes it hadn't been necessary.

The original new story - Video

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    Was this in Florida? If so - or another state that passed similar legislation (Castle Law) - It's my understanding he will be fine and no problems with a law suit.
    Louisville Ky. Don't know about Kentucky but I'm sure glad Florida has a "Castle Law" and an we don't have to retreat.

I do a lot of work like that on rental units in different neighborhoods in the Cleveland area. One thing I am taking away from this is not to let my gun leave my side even while I work with the door locked. like him I often find a spot to put it in the room i am working in.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

IDK. If I were him, I would be less worried about a jury of peers, and more concerned about mob hate. This is the area he works in. One reason it might have been a good idea to give an interview. By being open, it does not look like he is hiding anything. Most people understand a person has a right to defend themselves. He nipped it in the butt before lies could be told.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links