Interview with a gunfighter: Landlord Kills two (MUST SEE VIDEO)

This is a discussion on Interview with a gunfighter: Landlord Kills two (MUST SEE VIDEO) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I don't think he has a problem. 503.085 Justification and criminal and civil immunity for use of permitted force -- Exceptions. (1) A person who ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interview with a gunfighter: Landlord Kills two (MUST SEE VIDEO)

I don't think he has a problem.
    503.085 Justification and criminal and civil immunity for use of permitted force -- Exceptions.
    (1) A person who uses force as permitted in KRS 503.050, 503.055, 503.070, and 503.080 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom the force was used is a peace officer, as defined in KRS 446.010, who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law, or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a peace officer. As used in this subsection, the term "criminal prosecution" includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.
    (2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1) of this section, but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.
    (3) The court shall award reasonable attorney's fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff, if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1) of this section.
    Effective: July 12, 2006
    History: Created 2006 Ky. Acts ch. 192, sec. 6, effective July 12, 2006.
    As long as his shoot was justifiable under the cited sections of the laws of the state of Kentucky he has nothing to worry about other than retalliation from family and friends.
    I especially like section three of the above. If they sue him, and lose, which they most likely would, it is going to cost them big time.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Very sobering. I hope I never go through what he did, and if I do, may I handle the situation as well as he did.

Fun and games aside, a reminder of why we all subscribe to DC.com.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I hope everything turns out OK for this gentleman. Goes to show us all this could happen anywhere, anytime.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ----------------------------------
    "Let a man never stir on his road a step
    without his weapons of war;
    for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
    of a spear on the way without."

Showed this video to my co-workers today. There are 6 of us that are CHP holders. Everyone said about the same things, you know "he did what he had to do" and "hope he deals with it well" and all that, but one guy, actually my partner, said "yeah, he got them suckers!" and another racial comment or two, then laughed about the whole thing. This guy has never been in service or any other situation that might remotely involve ending someone's life. Maybe he just doesn't understand. Right now I'm just thinking he's an ignorant *****. Granted, I wouldn't be tragically altered for the rest of my life, but I wouldn't smile and celebrate the situation either. My first thought after hearing this comment was that this guy shouldn't have a permit. Am I right in being a little weirded out by this?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ----------------------------------
    "Let a man never stir on his road a step
    without his weapons of war;
    for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
    of a spear on the way without."

Kinda Sorta....

Quote Originally Posted by HavOkSIS View Post
    ....but one guy, actually my partner, said "yeah, he got them suckers!" and another racial comment or two, then laughed about the whole thing. This guy has never been in service or any other situation that might remotely involve ending someone's life. Maybe he just doesn't understand. Right now I'm just thinking he's an ignorant *****. Granted, I wouldn't be tragically altered for the rest of my life, but I wouldn't smile and celebrate the situation either. My first thought after hearing this comment was that this guy shouldn't have a permit. Am I right in being a little weirded out by this?
    He IS an idiot for the racial epithets. Never an excuse for that nonsense. NEVER. OTOH, none other but the late great Father of Combat Pistol Shooting, Jeff Cooper, once made a comment that in surviving a lethal encounter with predatory goblins, one should look properly aggrieved for the media but as soon as the door closes and you're among family and friends, break out the champaign! Relief at surviving, and even more importantly, being exultant over VICTORY is perfectly normal and I would think is something to be encouraged. Just so long as you don't devise a stamp to put on your truck fenders. Five stamps declaring you to be an "ACE!" That's a bit over the line, I would think.

~assumes voice of Robert Duvall~ "I LOVE the smell of napalm in the morning! It smells like ..... VICTORY"
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links