Interview with a gunfighter: Landlord Kills two (MUST SEE VIDEO)

Interview with a gunfighter: Landlord Kills two (MUST SEE VIDEO)

This is a discussion on Interview with a gunfighter: Landlord Kills two (MUST SEE VIDEO) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Video Interview with a Gunfighter (landlord kills two) Front site firearms training center ^ | January 5 2009 | Dr. Ignatius Piazza Posted on January ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interview with a gunfighter: Landlord Kills two (MUST SEE VIDEO)

Exclamation Interview with a gunfighter: Landlord Kills two (MUST SEE VIDEO)

Video

Interview with a Gunfighter (landlord kills two)
    Front site firearms training center ^ | January 5 2009 | Dr. Ignatius Piazza
    Posted on January 5, 2009 210 PM EST

Interview with a Gunfighter January 5th, 2009

Although I would not recommend that you ever sit down for an interview with the news media after killing two armed home invaders, the following unedited news video will teach you many important lessons.

The most important lessons you will glean from this personal, lethal encounter report include:

Mindset is everything. (Note what he said to himself when he made the decision to fight.) Training is only second to mindset. (Note what he says about his training.) Action always beats reaction. (As long as you hit with your first shot.) In a Gunfight, Rule # 1 is HAVE A GUN. (Note what he says about where and how he keeps his concealed weapons.) When it is truly self defense, there is no criminal liability or questions about your actions. (And no need to apologize for fighting to save your own life.) Anyone can be a target. (Note how and why he was set-up.) Criminals get their guns from the most unlikely sources. (Another reason why law abiding citizens should never be disarmed.) Take advantage of this rare opportunity to watch an unedited interview with a law abiding private citizen who did what he had to do… and did it well.

You need to a flash player enabled browser to view this video:
    Same as above: Video
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

EXCELLENT video!

stolen from the police!! More evidence that criminals will still have guns if they disarm law abiding citizens.

First let me say this--he did right in defending himself and he should have nothing to fear or regret.

Having said that, it was a serious--potentially very problematic--mistake for him to give the interview and say the things that he said. I pray it does not happen to him, but if the families of the perpetrators sue him, I can assure you that their lawyers (any lawyer who would take on such a case is an embarassment to the profession, IMHO--but someone will) will make hash with this interview.

Never ever discuss such incidents with anybody except for the relevant legal authorities and then only with a competent, well-versed attorney present until all of the potential legal ramifications have worked themselves out and you are well-beyond any further legal risk. Even when calling 911 or talking to the police when they first arrive, be very careful about what you say, and tell the police when they ask you for a statement that you want to cooperate fully with them, but you are very upset (which you will be) by what has happened and need time to get your wits about you and to talk to a lawyer before you do so. They will understand--or at least if they are competent professionals they will.

Thanks for the link. That is an eye opening interview.
    With guns, we are 'citizens'.
    Without them, we are 'subjects'.

Quote Originally Posted by Video
    There's nothing you can do if you don't react quickly and have something to defend yourself with, I would be dead if I didn't...
    That's the line of the moment in my opinion, this guy did what had to be done to save his wife including faking a heart attack to get to his handgun. Sad story and it's a lesson that in the most normal moments bad stuff can happen. Glad he's alive and no charges seem likely.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, & may posterity forget you were countrymen.

VIP Member
    As he said, anytime, anyplace. Luckily he was prepared and was able to end a bad situation.

Watched that a few months ago and it really gave me a new perspective and a number of VERY good points to learn on.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

cj
    What an awful thing for them to force him to go through. This was a very educational video and I appreciate his willingness to go through that interview. Thank you for posting.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    We hear about this all the time but still I have to ask. How in the name of heaven can a couple ot thugs or anybody for that matter steal a tec9 from the police property room?
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Felt raw and honest.

I feel sorry for the land lord. You can tell he did not like taking a life, and I would assume the areas he travels in might lead to retaliation from those who knew the BG.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Very good video, but as said above, I don't feel that he should have been speaking about this until all of the legal dust has settled, especially if the PD hadn't yet completed their determination on whether the shooting was justified or not.

Faking the heart attack to gain a tactical advantage was quick thinking on his part.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

VIP Member
    Thanks for posting. I remember watching this video a while back, though unfortunate, it's one of the best to watch.

I've wondered about his current legal issues and aftermath. Also wondered about the guy (Marine) in the Subway shop in Florida? I wish we knew some follow-ups.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Great video. I was impressed by his composure in recounting this traumatic event. I do seriously question his wisdom in granting the interview.

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    Unbelievable. I think that was also in the NRA magazine under the Armed Citizen articles.
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links