GOOD: Don't Bring Pepper Spray To A Gunfight - Phoenix, AZ

This is a discussion on GOOD: Don't Bring Pepper Spray To A Gunfight - Phoenix, AZ within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police: Jewelry Store Owner Shoots Thieves - Phoenix News Story - KPHO Phoenix PHOENIX -- The 61-year-old owner of a Phoenix jewelry store shot and ...

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Police: Jewelry Store Owner Shoots Thieves - Phoenix News Story - KPHO Phoenix

PHOENIX -- The 61-year-old owner of a Phoenix jewelry store shot and wounded two would-be robbers who walked into the business and pepper sprayed him in the face, police said.

The men entered the store near 32nd Street and Bell Road Monday afternoon and attempted to sell a watch, said Detective Cindy Scott of the Phoenix Police Department.

The owner said he could not purchase the watch and both men left the store, Scott said.

"About ten minutes later, the suspects returned and pepper sprayed the victim in the face," Scott said.

One of the men then removed a metal baton and began to smash the glass to the jewelry display cabinet, Scott said.

"Fearing for his life, the victim removed a handgun from his pocket and fired several rounds at the suspects, striking them each of them one time," Scott said. The victim then held the suspects at gunpoint until officers arrived.

The men were taken to local hospitals where they were treated for their non-life-threatening injuries.

The suspects are identified as Gregory Mills, 24, and Jason Buckingham, 27.

The victim acted in self-defense and is not currently being charged with a crime, Scott said. However, the case will be reviewed by the county attorney's office.

Both men were rushed to the hospital in serious condition.

The owner was treated for pepper spray exposure and is expected to be OK, police said.
    Too bad his shots weren't better placed, and hopefully he has another pistol to replace the one taken as evidence until he gets it back.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    The victim acted in self-defense and is not currently being charged with a crime, Scott said. However, the case will be reviewed by the county attorney's office.
    The case review would probably be shorter if there was only 1 story ... the victim's.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    Police: Jewelry Store Owner Shoots Thieves - Phoenix News Story - KPHO Phoenix

Too bad his shots weren't better placed, and hopefully he has another pistol to replace the one taken as evidence until he gets it back.
    Several rounds fired, both scumbags hit. Doesn't sound like he did to bad considering he was just pepper sprayed.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Several rounds fired, both scumbags hit. Doesn't sound like he did to bad considering he was just pepper sprayed.
    Archer,

I agree whole-heartedly that he did very well to get his shots on target under the circumstances, I was just trying to say that it would have been nice if the gene pool would've got a little cleaner with his shots.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Links