BAD: 3 Men Gang-Rape Woman - Richmond, CA

This is a discussion on BAD: 3 Men Gang-Rape Woman - Richmond, CA within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 2 men, teen charged in gang rape of Calif. lesbian - Yahoo! News MARTINEZ, Calif. – Two men and a teenager were charged Tuesday in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BAD: 3 Men Gang-Rape Woman - Richmond, CA

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

BAD: 3 Men Gang-Rape Woman - Richmond, CA

2 men, teen charged in gang rape of Calif. lesbian - Yahoo! News

MARTINEZ, Calif. – Two men and a teenager were charged Tuesday in the alleged gang rape of a lesbian in the San Francisco Bay area.

Humberto Hernandez Salvador, 31, and Josue Gonzalez, 21, were charged with kidnapping, carjacking and gang rape in the attack last month in Richmond.

Hate-crime enhancements were added to charges against Salvador, which could mean a more severe sentence if he is convicted. Authorities say the woman was taunted for being a lesbian during the 45-minute assault. Salvador was also charged with being armed with a gun.

The pair did not enter pleas when they appeared in Contra Costa County Superior Court, but they asked to be represented by court-appointed attorneys. Bail was set at $2.2 million for Salvador and $1.9 million for Gonzalez. Both were being held at the county jail.

They face a maximum sentence of life in prison if found guilty, prosecutors said.

Darrell Hodges, 16, was charged as an adult with similar offenses Monday. A 15-year-old boy whose name has not been released was also arrested last week on suspicion of participating in the attack.

The woman, who lives with a female partner, was attacked Dec. 13 after she got out of her car, according to investigators. She was raped multiple times inside and outside the vehicle and left naked outside an abandoned building, police said.

Richmond police say they have received hundreds of calls from across the country offering money and support for the woman.

"The crimes that were committed at face value were shocking," Lt. Mark Gagan said. "But when it was revealed there was also a hate crime enhancement, it really prompted outcry."

Richmond is a city of about 100,000 across the bay from San Francisco, It has one of California's highest homicide rates.

Gay rights advocates and bloggers have highlighted the attack as an example of violence against gays and lesbians. Supporters have also been working to raise money for the woman, her partner and her daughter as they deal with the trauma of the attack.

"The idea that a peace-loving lesbian was minding her own business, was attacked and gang-raped is an outrage. And people are stepping forward," said Betty Sullivan of San Francisco, who runs a Web site and e-mail list publicizing gay and lesbian events.

Sullivan is publicizing several fundraisers for the woman, known among her supporters as Richmond Jane Doe. Support is driven not just by anger but by a sense among gays and lesbians that they, too, could have been targets, she said.

"We know it could have been any of us," Sullivan said.
    Disgusting. I hope that all of the scumbags involved in this attack spend life behind bars getting gang-banged by some big 'ole guy named Bubba.

Can we as a society sink any lower?

This story just goes to show that you need to be prepared, anytime, anyplace, and maintain your SA.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

Get to work Bubba!!
    Join the NRA and Gun Owners of America.

Very disgusting indeed.

It's an outrage for "ANY" women to be raped. Why does being gay make it worse? They should start giving the death penalty for rape.

If she had been armed and knew how to handle a side arm it might have been 2 men and 1 teen shot to death for attempting rape and assualt.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticman View Post
    It's an outrage for "ANY" women to be raped. Why does being gay make it worse? They should start giving the death penalty for rape.

If she had been armed and knew how to handle a side arm it might have been 2 men and 1 teen shot to death for attempting rape and assualt.
    I have to agree with you. The fact that she is gay is irrelevant to the case. Rape is rape, regardless of sexual orientation. While I'm not a supporter of the lifestyle, I also don't think it is justification to commit a crime against them either.

Hopefully a jury will give the the maximum sentence and the teen involved will be tried as an adult and receive the same sentence.

I agree rape is rape doesn't matter what gender,I'm glad I bought my daughter 3 guns for christmas and taught her to shoot
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticman View Post

I don't support the homosexual lifestyle, but I too believe it's an outrage for any woman to be raped. In my home country they would put these low-lives to death.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    What disgusts me is that the media headline has to throw out the word 'lesbian' to sensationalize their story.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    What disgusts me is that the media headline has to throw out the word 'lesbian' to sensationalize their story.
    You know those liars have to do anything to sell their stories.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

VIP Member

Agreed But it is Calf and They won't let people carry to protect themself's.

Lets hope She will be ok.

while I find rape an abomination worthy of immediate execution. and the story to be terrible.

I can't help but think WT-Heck? at this quote from the article "peace-loving lesbian"

huh? is she peace loving because she is a lesbian? the author should meet some of those crazy biker lesbians. and how is that relevant? or is it just a little fluff thrown in there for their own agenda?

stories like this should NOT be the platform for an agenda, that sort of reporting disgusts me almost as much as rape.
    Last edited by QKShooter; January 10th, 2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: correct language workaround
    "An armed society is a polite society" - Robert A. Heinlein

I too was wondering like you guys about the she's a peace loving lesbian garbage.
    Completely irrelevant and IMHO poor professionalism on the reporters side.

She is a human being, who was violently assaulted (above and beyond a typical less violent run of the mill assault) and additionally she was raped as well as kidnapped.
    That is what should be reported. Just the relevant facts.

That she was peace loving is of no relevance.
    That she was a lesbian has some relevance per the hate crime statute but it's nothing to harp on.
    Maybe they didn't like the color of her hair? Should it be reported she was a peace loving lesbian redhead?

Anyway, this is an event she'll never get past.
    I hope that the PinkPistols are able to gain more traction as a beneficial side effect of this event amongst their specific community.

http://www.pinkpistols.org

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Rape should equal automatic death penalty. I am also curious as to whether the scumbags are in this country legally or not. Does not make this crime any better or worse, but just curious.

Humberto Hernandez Salvador, 31, and Josue Gonzalez, 21, were charged with kidnapping, carjacking and gang rape in the attack last month in Richmond.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

I find what happened very disturbing like the rest of you. I will say, however, that I hate the idea of things being worse because they are a "hate crime". All crimes should carry an equal and stiff penalty with rapid enforcement of the penalty.

If someone threatens me or my family and I shoot them and call them a scumbag when I do it am I guilty of a "hate crime" against trash and scumbags???

Quote Originally Posted by CPTMO View Post
    I find what happened very disturbing like the rest of you. I will say, however, that I hate the idea of things being worse because they are a "hate crime". All crimes should carry an equal and stiff penalty with rapid enforcement of the penalty.

If someone threatens me or my family and I shoot them and call them a scumbag when I do it am I guilty of a "hate crime" against trash and scumbags???
    I agree 10000%. It doesn't matter whether she was raped because she was a lesbian or whether she was raped just because she was a woman.

This hate crime crap really bugs me. If they determined that this was not motivated because she was a lesbian, should she feel better about things?

Hell no. She was raped. End of story. The scumbags should die.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links