GOOD: 3 Arrested In Home Invasion/1 Killed In Another - Florence County, SC

This is a discussion on GOOD: 3 Arrested In Home Invasion/1 Killed In Another - Florence County, SC within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This story is a twofer: 3 arrested in Florence County home invasion | SCNow Three men have been arrested in connection with a home invasion ...

Thread: GOOD: 3 Arrested In Home Invasion/1 Killed In Another - Florence County, SC

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

GOOD: 3 Arrested In Home Invasion/1 Killed In Another - Florence County, SC

This story is a twofer:

3 arrested in Florence County home invasion | SCNow

Three men have been arrested in connection with a home invasion that happened a week ago in Florence County, Florence County Sheriff Kenney Boone said in a press release issued Monday.

Dominic Williams, 17, of 1102 Lawrence Drive, Florence, and Malcolm Jenkins, 17, of 1110 Hollings Ave., Florence, and Rodney Allen, whose age and address weren’t available, each is charged with three counts of assault with intent to kill, first-degree burglary and armed robbery, Boone said.

Deputies said three men knocked on the door of a Maxwell Street home about 1 p.m. Dec. 14 and asked to speak to “Dante,” according to the sheriff’s office. After the homeowner said he knew no one by that name and closed the door, they returned a short time later.

When the homeowner answered the door, told them again that no one by that name lived there and shut the door, the men blew the doorknob off with a shotgun and entered the house. When the homeowner and his wife ran to hide in their bedroom, the intruders fired at the bedroom door.

No one was harmed, but a purse was stolen from off the couple’s couch, according to the sheriff’s office.

Florence police located the suspects’ vehicle, a black four-door Pontiac G6 on North Irby Street. The suspects, however, threw the shotgun and the stolen purse from the vehicle on Dargan Street. Both items were seized as evidence.

The three suspects were arrested about 5 a.m. Saturday after SWAT deputies searched a residence on North Hollings Avenue in Florence, Boone said.

All three suspects remain in custody at the Florence County Detention Center in Effingham awaiting bond hearings before a circuit court judge.

The sheriff’s office is still investigating a second home invasion case that happened a week ago and left one man dead.

The shooting happened about 10:30 p.m. Tuesday at a 317 Plantation Drive residence outside Lake City, Boone said. Four men walked up to the door and fired shots into the residence.

A man who was inside fired shots back, hitting and killing one of the intruders, Boone said.

The dead man was identified as 23-year-old Shawn Singletary of 532 Shantay Lane in Lake City, Florence County Coroner M.G. “Bubba” Matthews said.

Investigators still are looking for the three other suspects, Boone said.

It’s not clear whether the man inside the home will face any criminal charges in connection with the shooting, Boone said.

Anyone with details about this crimes is asked to call the sheriff’s office (843) 665-2121 or CrimeStoppers of the Pee Dee at (888) CRIME SC (274-6372).
    Luckily no one was hurt in the first invasion, especially when a shotgun blast comes through the bedroom door. Nice that the arrests were made in fairly short order.

I am wondering if the second was drug related, since 4 thugs just walk up to the door and start shooting?
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Here is another story on the fatality above:

One killed in shooting : News : WPDE

Five home invasions in our area over the last three days the most recent incident, ended with the intruder being killed.

Just after 10:30 Tuesday night, four men forced their way into a home on Plantation Road in Lake City.

Florence County Sheriff Kenney Boone says a man inside the house shot and killed 23-year-old Shawn Singletary.

Boone says deputies are investigating to see if they will treat the murder as a homicide or self-defense.

"We feel like the occupant of the home was defending himself, and discharged his weapon resulting in the death of the intruder," said Sheriff Boone.

Florence County Coroner Bubba Matthews told NewsChannel 15 that autopsy reports confirm Singletary was shot five times.

Police said they have several more witnesses to interview, and are still looking for the three other men involved in the home invasion.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Five home invasions in our area over the last three days the most recent incident, ended with the intruder being killed.
    WOW.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Did you notice a trend here. They all seem to be coming to the party armed and shooting first. I think the idiots have finally figured out that homeowners are arming themselves and won't hesitate to shoot bad guys. They seem to be raising the stakes and shooting first. I also wonder if this is gang related, they happen in the same area and have the same MO.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Links