Amateurs

This is a discussion on Amateurs within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I guess the economy is getting bad Police say masked man waited in line to rob bank A man may have tipped his intentions ...

Thread: Amateurs

Amateurs

I guess the economy is getting bad
    Police say masked man waited in line to rob bank
    A man may have tipped his intentions when he stood in line at an Ohio bank wearing a ski mask before staging a holdup. Police in Stow near Akron said 24-year-old Feliks Goldshtein of Highland Heights was arrested minutes later on Thursday following a brief car chase.

Police said the teller asked the man to take off the mask before being served. At that point the man displayed what turned out to be a toy gun and told the teller to give him all the money.

Police Captain Rick Myers said it's unusual for a masked robber to wait in line at a bank.

Goldshtein was being held at the Summit County Jail Friday on charges of aggravated robbery and failure to comply with a police order. He had an afternoon court appearance scheduled.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

About ten years ago there was a local liquor store robbery. The thief apparently couldn't read (push or pull) and when he tried to run from the scene, he went through the glass door that said 'pull' since it wouldn't open for him when he pushed. He required medical attention, and got all the attention he needed. Stupid BG's.

I think it is polite to wait your turn.

Sig Sauer P229 Elite imm Stainless - Click for pictures
    Sig Sauer P239 SAS II (SRT) 9mm with Crimson Trace Laser
    Sig Sauer Mosquito
    Spyderco Native(s)
    Surefire G2 LED Light
    ....I have the Signess.

Ahhhh.... isn't that sweet a BG with manners....
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Good to see a different ethnic name represented in the bad guy stories for a change. Too dumb to work, too polite to steal?
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

He might have known he was in trouble if he became a line-breaker. Good skills to follow when in prison too. Those guys in there want you to wait your turn also.

not too many BGs have MENSA cards..
    "Brains before Bullets"

I once read that the average time between deciding to rob a bank and actually doing it is 15 minutes. The trigger is usually a very pressing money emergency (cable gets disconnected or such). Most bank robberies are not planned like the "Italian Job".
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    not too many BGs have MENSA cards..

What about Lex Luther?

Administrator
    I would have politely asked him to "pretty please" close his eyes before I shot him.
    J/K

VIP Member
    They didn't explain to him that he needed to take off his mask for the "Favorite Robber" picture board. I'm sure he would have complied then.

Links