Feds plan 'surge' if Mexico drug war spills over

This is a discussion on Feds plan 'surge' if Mexico drug war spills over within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Feds plan 'surge' if Mexico drug war spills over - Security- msnbc.com I love mortocycles. For the most part Mexico is a beautiful country with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feds plan 'surge' if Mexico drug war spills over

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

Feds plan 'surge' if Mexico drug war spills over - Security- msnbc.com

I love mortocycles. For the most part Mexico is a beautiful country with bueatiful people. My dream has always been to dide south all the way to South America. What a trip that would be. Sorry to say I'll never get the chance as my odds of making it alive ale bad due the the dangerous minority of the population. And not just in Mexice but the entire region.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post

I love mortocycles. For the most part Mexico is a beautiful country with beautiful people. My dream has always been... Sorry to say I'll never get the chance... my odds of making it alive are bad due to the dangerous minority of the population...not just in Mexico but the entire region.

I love Texas. For the most part Texas is a beautiful country with beautiful people... except for the dangerous minority of illegal aliens from Mexico who have come here...not just in South Texas but the entire state.

Senior Moderator
    I think that if that drug violence spills into the U.S. that the perpetrators need to be eliminated on the spot.

We can send them back to their homeland in caskets.

There is no other way.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I think that if that drug violence spills into the U.S. that the perpetrators need to be eliminated on the spot.

We can send them back to their homeland in caskets.

There is no other way.
    Caskets cost to much, a large trash bag would be a lot cheaper.

Senior Moderator
    Caskets cost to much, a large trash bag would be a lot cheaper.
    Body bags with people that are dead and stiff and in wierd positions are alot harder to handle.

Might as well make it easy on ourselves.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Body bags with people that are dead and stiff and in wierd positions are a lot harder to handle.
    Yeah, caskets are stackable :-).

Too late. The "if" has long since happened.

IMO, nothing legal comes across via anything other than a legitimate crossing point, not when speaking of two countries. Get caught? You get sent back. Lash out and threaten others? You get eliminated. Want through? Go get a visa and come through legally. It really should be that simple.

I wonder what the feasibility would be to have a half-mile wide strafing zone for A10, A6 and F15 training, from the Pacific Ocean to the Gulf. Define it as a no-citizen zone, cleared of all people and valuables for the purpose of protecting all people and valuables. The costs saved in one year of reduced violence, drugs and mayhem, I think you could justify the cost of setting it up. It would provide a lot of effective training. It would dramatically reduce the ability of criminals to skip across the border. It would reduce the effectiveness of officially sanctioned incursions.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Unfortunately They would be operating under the same constrains the army had to operate under back in the 1800's and early 1900's. They would not be able to pursue across the boarder. The Apache indians and the Mexican bandits used that fact to their advantage quite often.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Lets think about this a bit: Feds are taking over ( or planing to) the banks, the mortgage industry, the auto manufacturing companies, the health care, etc., just to name a few. They are going to hugly increase the numbers in unions where large numbers of workers will then report to a small few. They are trying to control the types of cars we drive and are looking for implementing national id cards. Now their going to project the military on an internal mission(s). If we started a war with China or Russia today we might just figgure out we have nothing left to fight about. We better hide our guns when they come to take them away. It's going to be our last line of defence sooner than we think.

I'm not usualy hesterical and I'm not usualy one to plan to move to the mountains and hole up in a fort but darn if it's not starting to look very scary.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Senior Moderator
    I'm not usualy hesterical and I'm not usualy one to plan to move to the mountains and hole up in a fort but darn if it's not starting to look very scary.
    If you have been paying attention at all, its been getting worse for at the last 50 years.

Only now are the results of such being seen and noticed..but...
    you aint seen nothin yet...

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Lets think about this a bit: Feds are taking over ( or planing to) the banks, the mortgage industry, the auto manufacturing companies, the health care, etc., just to name a few. They are going to hugly increase the numbers in unions where large numbers of workers will then report to a small few. They are trying to control the types of cars we drive and are looking for implementing national id cards. Now their going to project the military on an internal mission(s). If we started a war with China or Russia today we might just figgure out we have nothing left to fight about. We better hide our guns when they come to take them away. It's going to be our last line of defence sooner than we think.

Actually the use of the military against boarder bandits is not anything new. Look back in history, the army was used against the indians and Mexican bandits raiding over the boarder in the 18-1900's. As I said in my previous post, the fact that they were not allowed to pursue across the boarder limited the success of their efforts.

VIP Member
    Maverick wrote: "I'm not usualy one to plan to move to the mountains and hole up in a fort but"

They already have the good spots in the mountains. They grow their weed and make meth back in 'dem' hills.

VIP Member
    That we don't actively engage coyotes and narcotraffickers from Mexico violating our borders with their illegal activities is a travesty. We need to use whatever force, including lethal force.

We need a team of snipers along the border together with a mortar team or two ready to respond....
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I love how they say if it spills over, as pointed out here, it's done spilled over already, there are allot of incidents along the border and further in already happening. Where are these HLS folks coming from? The incidents I view are not on your 5, 6 or 10 P.M. news cast because they have become everyday events and that's not news anymore.

Sure, it's not an epidemic yet, but it's already become quite serious for those living down there on the border.

"IF" it spills over? Are they kidding?

Apparently they didn't read this:

Metro abductions up on 'flood of drugs' | ajc.com

Metro abductions up on 'flood of drugs'

By MARY LOU PICKEL
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Published on: 07/20/08

A recent increase in drug-related kidnappings in Gwinnett County has put a spotlight on drug violence in Georgia, federal agents say.

About nine drug-related kidnappings have occurred in Gwinnett this year. The latest involved a man bound and chained in a basement in Lilburn who was rescued by federal agents last week.

Mexican drug cartels are moving large amounts of cocaine, methamphetamine and marijuana into the country for distribution up the East Coast, said Rodney Benson, the special agent in charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration in Atlanta. Drug-related kidnappings have increased in the past 90 days, he said. Gwinnett is a center of Mexican drug cartel activity in the area because of easy transportation on I-85 and a large Hispanic population where traffickers can try to blend in, said U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Georgia David Nahmias.

Three Gwinnett cases in the past three months have involved a kidnapping victim held in a home and released after a police rescue or a stakeout of a ransom drop.

In one case this month, police shot and killed a kidnapping suspect in a ransom pick-up. In another police arrested nine accused drug traffickers in Lawrenceville, the youngest a 16-year-old girl.

Representatives of Mexican drug cartels in Atlanta are "clashing with each other," the DEA's Benson said.

"That's pretty terrifying to most citizens in our state," Nahmias said.

"We are very concerned about the type of extreme violence we've seen on the Mexican side of the border starting to come to this side of the border and to North Georgia," Nahmias said.

Drug traffickers are also getting younger, Gwinnett County Assistant District Attorney Keith Miles said.

"Our cases are going up," Miles said. "We got 15-year-olds out here slinging kilos of cocaine. When that's going on in this county, that's a big problem."

In addition to the rescues, three or four kidnapping cases in the past six to eight months have involved victims who were released with minimal police action, Gwinnett police spokesman Illana Spellman said.

"The victims are suspected drug runners or drug dealers, and they're making someone mad," Spellman said. "Somehow, they came up short."

Family members of suspected drug dealers called police to say their relative had been kidnapped, Spellman said.

In these cases, police have called the victim's cellphone and let kidnappers know they're on the case. Then the matter resolved itself, Spellman said.

"We find out the victim's back at home and everyone says it was a 'big misunderstanding,' " Spellman said.

Assistant District Attorney Miles says the up-tick in kidnappings is not a "blip."

More and more drugs are coming into Gwinnett, he said.

"It's just a flood," Miles said.

"It's just a matter of time before innocent people get caught in the crossfire," he said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links