Even Smaller Towns Have Their Problems

This is a discussion on Even Smaller Towns Have Their Problems within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; These both happened on the same day. A Hooters robbery and a shooting and some wonder why I carry. The occasional drug deal doesn't make ...

Thread: Even Smaller Towns Have Their Problems

These both happened on the same day. A Hooters robbery and a shooting and some wonder why I carry. The occasional drug deal doesn't make the front pages but happen on a regular basis.

Valdosta Daily Times - Shooting suspect remains at large

Valdosta Daily Times - <font color="#CC0000">Third suspect in Hooters robbery surrenders</font>
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    The problem with small towns, is that the entire town knows what you did, before you even commit the crime.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

VIP Member
    Now wait a minute, we all know they are good church going boys who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. They love their mothers, help little old ladies cross the street and volunteer at the "Feed the Hungry" mission every other day. They were just trying to perform their civic duty of putting a racist, sexist establishment like Hooter's out of business. They should be praised and given rewards, not thrown in jail!

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Now wait a minute, we all know they are good church going boys who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. They love their mothers, help little old ladies cross the street and volunteer at the "Feed the Hungry" mission every other day. They were just trying to perform their civic duty of putting a racist, sexist establishment like Hooter's out of business. They should be praised and given rewards, not thrown in jail!

Well, actually not funny, because we hear that stuff for real
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

You know there are those that make those comments. I was suprised last year because a dead bad guys own mother didn't pull that after her son went down in a robbery gone good. She knew he had been, and would again be in trouble. She felt it was only a matter of time before something like that happened. Don't get me wrong, she was agreived and hurting as you would expect, but she knew the only person to blame was her son. Now after the ACLU and NAACP lawyers got done with her she may have changed, but when the reporters were there she not only knew the truth but wasn't afraid to say it.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

Hell, even my small, rural town [pop. 3000 city, 6000 county] had a bank robbery last week! It will be in this weeks [weekly paper] so we can read about it.

We still have a majority of the people that think things like that never happen here. WAKE UP PEOPLE!

In the second link there, the story about Hooters, the suspects photos are shown. I think these are mug shots. Notice how the looks on their faces show no concern or remourse.

I live in the Daytona area.

Two years ago, I was at a meeting at Barns and Noble coffee shop and the bank across the parking lot was robbed.

Looking out the window of B&N in dismay, as I watched two mean leave the bank to get into a waiting SUV. One was carrying a shotgun the other a submachine gun.

When sheriff’s department unit tried to peruse, another SUV out of no ware rammed the patrol car.

The very next day a bank in Tampa area was robbed by the same THUGS.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

Coyotes

Quote Originally Posted by RIA45 View Post
    Notice how the looks on their faces show no concern or remourse.
    No more remorse than a coyote shows after killing a lamb; the coyote can not show remorse because it does not realize it has done wrong. I suspect that these three do not believe they have done wrong; only that they got caught so, why would one expect to see remorse?
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Links