GOOD: Man Defends Self, No Charges To Be Filed - Omaha, NE

This is a discussion on GOOD: Man Defends Self, No Charges To Be Filed - Omaha, NE within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; County Attorney: Shop Owner Fired In Self-Defense - Omaha- msnbc.com OMAHA, Neb. - No charges will be filed against the Omaha shop owner who shot ...

Thread: GOOD: Man Defends Self, No Charges To Be Filed - Omaha, NE

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

GOOD: Man Defends Self, No Charges To Be Filed - Omaha, NE

County Attorney: Shop Owner Fired In Self-Defense - Omaha- msnbc.com

OMAHA, Neb. - No charges will be filed against the Omaha shop owner who shot and killed two people in his business Tuesday night because he fired in self-defense, said Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine.

Kleine said Andre McKesson, the owner of Midwest Grillz and Jewelry at 62nd Street and Ames Avenue, fired after 14 or 15 shots.

Kleine said police told him McKesson got into an argument with Willie Wakefield, 29, and Marcel Davis, 16. At one point, Wakefield allegedly fired two shots in the direction of McKennon.

Kleine said McKesson returned fire, killing Davis and Wakefield and wounding Brandon Boyce, 22, who was outside waiting for Davis and Wakefield.

The investigation into the case is continuing.
    That is a lot of shots thrown, and the good guy hit all three involved. I wouldn't be surprised if the dead scumbags families bring a wrongful death suit against the shopkeeper, since it doesn't appear that Nebraska has a Castle Doctrine law.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

He was fired on first, the deaths were not wrongful on his part.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    I agree, but that won't keep some scumbag ambulance chaser with no morals from trying to cash in.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

VIP Member
    No charges will be filed against the Omaha shop owner who shot and killed two people in his business Tuesday night because he fired in self-defense, said Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine.
    The investigation into the case is continuing.
    OK, if they have investigated and made the decision that there will be no charges, so what are they investigating now? Or are they tying to say there will be no charges in the 2 deaths, but he could still possibly face charges in the shooting of the person outside the store.

Kleine said McKesson returned fire, killing Davis and Wakefield and wounding Brandon Boyce, 22, who was outside waiting for Davis and Wakefield.
    This is the only part that bothers me. Unless it is proved he was involved in the altercation that took place inside the store the owner may face big problems over shooting him, even if it was unintentional.

The hits on the guy waiting outside may not have been deliberate...

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    OK, if they have investigated and made the decision that there will be no charges, so what are they investigating now?
    They may well be investigating the bad guys, finishing up their case, getting background, following up on the guy outside, looking for other unsolved cases these guys might be the solution to, etc. I don't see any reason to assume they are still investigating the victim.

Fitch

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    OK, if they have investigated and made the decision that there will be no charges, so what are they investigating now? Or are they tying to say there will be no charges in the 2 deaths, but he could still possibly face charges in the shooting of the person outside the store.
    Of course. He's still standing. Common sense dictates that he simply cannot be the victim. The stupidity of modern lawsuits is indeed that bad, and the opportunism of amoral ambulance chasers is that bad.

Kudos to the upstanding citizen to remain upstanding ... and alive. Not everyone can say that who is involved in a multi-person violent assault against everything they have.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

It would be interesting to know how the man outside was injured. If he was deliberatley shot, that could be a problem. Since "no charges will be filed" was stated, I would guess he was not intentinally shot. Anyone from that area know?

The store name says it all. Too funny.

Im almost certain it has nothing to do with cooking. LOL
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Links