GOOD: Woman Comes Out On Top In Home Invasion - Dumfries, VA

This is a discussion on GOOD: Woman Comes Out On Top In Home Invasion - Dumfries, VA within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 2 Arrested, 1 Still Sought in Would-be Robbery|ABC 7 News DUMFRIES, Va. - An armed woman who stayed home sick from work Wednesday turned out ...

Thread: GOOD: Woman Comes Out On Top In Home Invasion - Dumfries, VA

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

GOOD: Woman Comes Out On Top In Home Invasion - Dumfries, VA

2 Arrested, 1 Still Sought in Would-be Robbery|ABC 7 News

DUMFRIES, Va. - An armed woman who stayed home sick from work Wednesday turned out to be a would-be robber's worst nightmare.

Police say an alarm went off Wednesday in broad daylight in the 3300 block of Dondis Creek Drive in Dumfries, prompting the home's owner to her basement door where she found three men trying to get inside.

"When she confronts them, the men take off and one of them returned," said Officer Erika Hernandez, Prince William County (web | news) .

That is when the woman opened fire, striking the would-be robber in the upper body. Police caught him and he was transported to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries. Police later caught the second suspect, but are still looking for the third.

"That was an experience with the cop cars and the helicopters, I was wondering what was going on," said Joshua Washington, a neighbor.

Police say it appears the homeowner was within her rights to shoot the suspect, however, police are still investigating.
    Good for her, but I am not sure that confronting three intruders is a smart idea. Glad everything worked out alright, and hopefully the third turd is caught in short order.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

Nice! Too bad she didn't have a saiga 12 when they were confronted the first time!
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Glad everything worked out for her. Meeting them while trying to get in is ok in my book as long as their not in, she still had the advantage in my view.

We need to send all these good ones to Washington to show how good weapons can be in the right hands. In fact this whole thread needs to be sent showing what Bad goes on when we the citizens are unarmed also.

Not that those folks would notice or give a darn, but every little bit helps.

Just a thought.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

VIP Member
    Good job on her part. Now lets just hope the DA does his part and doesn't bring charges. VA does not have a Castle Doctrine so it is going to be up to his discretion on how it goes.

Good Shooting Miss.
    " Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master." George Washington

Nice work.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Good job on her part. Now lets just hope the DA does his part and doesn't bring charges. VA does not have a Castle Doctrine so it is going to be up to his discretion on how it goes.
    Another reason to keep the pressure on our Virginia legislature to get us the "Castle Doctrine". Heck, I am sruprised by the number of Va news stories that CT-Mike has posted today, whats up with Virginia?

It's unfortunate that we have to have special laws to allow us to defend ourselves in our own homes without fear of prosecution. I'm glad she came out on top and though there is very limited information, it sounds like a good shoot.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Links