GOOD & BAD: Store Clerk Wins Gun Battle - Houston, TX

This is a discussion on GOOD & BAD: Store Clerk Wins Gun Battle - Houston, TX within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Store clerk fights back against armed men in NE Houston - 1/15/09 - Houston News - abc13.com Thursday, January 15, 2009 | 10:19 AM HOUSTON ...

Thread: GOOD & BAD: Store Clerk Wins Gun Battle - Houston, TX

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Store clerk fights back against armed men in NE Houston - 1/15/09 - Houston News - abc13.com

Thursday, January 15, 2009 | 10:19 AM

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a store clerk turned the tables on a pair of robbers overnight.

It happened at the Lone Ranger Market on Aldine Bender at Airline around 11:30pm. Police say the clerk shot the two armed men after they entered his store.

According to the clerk, he was closing the store for the night when two men walked into the store and demanded money. The clerk had two guns. One was on the counter. The other was in his waistband.

One of the suspects grabbed the gun on the counter and allegedly held it to the clerk's head while the other suspect searched the store for cash.

Fearing for his life, the clerk pulled the gun he had in his waistband and fired at least twice. He hit one suspect in the chest and stomach. The other suspect ran to the front of the store and the clerk shot him as well.

Even though they were both wounded, the suspects managed to get in their car and drive off. But they didn't get very far.

"They left in a vehicle and went down the road and called for help from that point," said Officer Jeff Brieden with the Houston Police Department. "Officers were also called to that location and found both suspects shot."

Emergency crews took both men to the hospital.

Investigators believe the two suspects may be connected to a string of robberies. The investigation is ongoing.
    What was the clerk thinking, leaving a gun on the counter that could be grabbed by anyone? STUPID, STUPID, STUPID.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

VIP Member
    Have to agree, that was about as stupid as it gets. He was lucky he had a second gun, things could have been a whole lot worse without it.

One word, LUCK!
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

[QUOTE=CT-Mike;987587
    What was the clerk thinking, leaving a gun on the counter that could be grabbed by anyone? STUPID, STUPID, STUPID. [/QUOTE]

Lucky to be alive, Had the BG had the nerve he could have shot him in the head. Good thing the BG was not prepared to go that far!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

sss
    It's hard to throw a rock in this neighborhood and not have it hit a location where a crime is in progress. Good work by HPD, and a valuable learning lesson for the store clerk!

There's no mention if the gun on the counter was loaded.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    cloobie,

Are you insinuating that the clerk left an unloaded gun on the counter to entice someone into a crime, so that he could shoot the perp?
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Are you insinuating that the clerk left an unloaded gun on the counter to entice someone into a crime, so that he could shoot the perp?
    That's a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    cloobie,

No.

I never thought about enticing someone. I just noticed it never said the gun on the counter was loaded.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by socal2310 View Post
    That's a great idea!
    LOL
    One more step and it's on!

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    This just goes to show you that "God does bless Texas" for this clerk definitely received a miracle (loaded or not) that night, even a unloaded firearm pointed at my head would make me sweat allot.

Just my view on it.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Dumb clerk, lucky clerk
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Links