Cinema Evacuated After Shooting - Greensboro, NC

This is a discussion on Cinema Evacuated After Shooting - Greensboro, NC within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; MyFox WGHP | Greensboro Cinema Evacuated After Shooting No arrest yet in movie theater shooting : News-Record.com : Greensboro, North Carolina GREENSBORO, N.C. (WGHP) ...

Thread: Cinema Evacuated After Shooting - Greensboro, NC

MyFox WGHP | Greensboro Cinema Evacuated After Shooting

No arrest yet in movie theater shooting : News-Record.com : Greensboro, North Carolina

GREENSBORO, N.C. (WGHP) Police evacuated The Grand 18 Four Seasons Station cinemas Friday just after 9 p.m. after a shooting.

According to police, a gun went off in a theater hallway. The person shot has been taken to a nearby hospital, but no information on the victim's condition is available.

About 700 people were in the cinema complex at the time of the shooting.

A Greensboro police officer told FOX8 News that actor Jamal Woolard, the star of "Notorious" a film about the life and death of rapper Christopher 'Biggie' Wallace, was at the theatre. According to the officer, Woolard left shortly after the shooting.

The movie premiered Friday nationwide and is being shown on multiple screens at The Grand 18 Four Seasons Station, as well as other theaters across the Piedmont.

Police said they do not know if there is a connection between the film and shooting.

Not safe, not even at the movie theatre.

mkh
    True.

But if you look at the lifestyle and music of Notorious B.I.G. ti seemed to bread this type of violence. Its sad that it is still happening almost 12 years after his death.

Police said they do not know if there is a connection between the film and shooting.
    "A gun went off" and a connection is being sought between the gun and the film. Silly. It didn't decide, on its own, to spontaneously combust. Why not instead focus on the connection between the gun and its owner/handler?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    "A gun went off" and a connection is being sought between the gun and the film. Silly. It didn't decide, on its own, to spontaneously combust. Why not instead focus on the connection between the gun and its owner/handler?
    Right but I think the film has the potential to draw a lot of violent types.

VIP Member
    Version of this already running in Off Topic & Humor:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...notorious.html

Mental note to self..... theaters showing this movie....

Maybe the gun didn't like the movie and got p.o.d!

There couldn't be a shooting in a movie theater in North Carolina - guns are illegal there

um yeah dont defend the stereotype. It reeks of PC crapola.

This movie will attract that element. But, Im sure you knew that.

Im not saying I dont agree about the gun and its relationship with its owner as you suggested.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

There were also two stabbings at another premiere of this movie. What is going on?

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    My wife and I tried to see Grand Torino yesterday.The ticket line was too long. While waiting a message lit up on the sign that read 'Notorious sold out today". Why would anyone want to watch a movie about a thug? Was this man a role model?

By the way, if you want to avoid the line, you can check out fandango. I bought my tickets for Quantum of Solace from there when they were offering a $4 discount. Then you just pick up your tickets from the theater machine (or customer service, the machine at my theater wasn't working), then just walk in. No lines. It's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    My wife and I tried to see Grand Torino yesterday.The ticket line was too long. While waiting a message lit up on the sign that read 'Notorious sold out today". Why would anyone want to watch a movie about a thug? Was this man a role model?
    A cultural icon. One does not have to necessarily agree with everything he stood before, but there's no denying his role as a very important figure in that world. Of course, many of those people there are simply posers who wish to live the fantasy of who they think their hero was (this goes for many people other than "Biggie"), but in reality don't realize that many of these people had real problems and weren't superhuman or immune to the realities of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    um yeah dont defend the stereotype. It reeks of PC crapola.

This movie will attract that element. But, Im sure you knew that.

Im not saying I dont agree about the gun and its relationship with its owner as you suggested.
    Here is the problem with linking the shooting to the movie. People then start to believe that it is the movie that caused the shooting. when you start to have events portrayed like this all the time it can become a problem. now linking them in an academic situation is fine and good and necessary but i think that the media today with the way they report stuff don't blame the person they blame a movie a video game or a song or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by ReDHaZe View Post

Not safe, not even at the movie theatre.
    Ack hem...

Where are you "safe"?

A guy I went to school with was 6 ft away from that shooting. He said (of course he wasnt paying attention to the situation untill after b/c it just looked normal and nothing major was going to happen)
    He said that the guy pulled it out and shot the guy two times in the stomach. He said he couldnt tell if he came there just to shoot that guy, or if they were fussing and he said something he didnt like and he shot him.

FYI,, That theater is in the worst section of greensboro. Theres ALOT of ganga activity in that area.
    <><><><><>
    Grass Roots North Carolina
    <><><><><>
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links