BAD: Men Tied Up And Robbed During Weekly Poker Game - Minneapolis, MN

This is a discussion on BAD: Men Tied Up And Robbed During Weekly Poker Game - Minneapolis, MN within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; KSTP TV - Minneapolis and St. Paul - Men robbed at gunpoint during Uptown poker game Police are looking for three armed men responsible for ...

Thread: BAD: Men Tied Up And Robbed During Weekly Poker Game - Minneapolis, MN

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

KSTP TV - Minneapolis and St. Paul - Men robbed at gunpoint during Uptown poker game

Police are looking for three armed men responsible for a home invasion in the Uptown neighborhood of Minneapolis.

Officials said the incident just before 9 p.m. Tuesday near 27th Street and Dupont Avenue.

Inside the apartment complex, the three tenants were holding a weekly poker gathering when the three suspects barged in, tied them up, and brandished pistols.

"It’s just creepy that people would want to go into other people's homes and terrorize them just for money," said Joe Tickner, one of the eight men inside at the time. "He had a big gun. We knew this wasn't fake when he came in."

Tickner said one of the gunmen shot a round into the wall of the apartment, as the other two robbers stole their cell phones, wallets, and a laptop computer before fleeing.

"It's kind of weird though—they could have grabbed so much more. But I think they were rushed and they hadn't done this before," explained James Tordoff, another victim. "I think it's lame that people do this and they can't just go out and get a job."

Tordoff and Tickner said more than two dozen Minneapolis Police officers responded.

"They spent the first 10 minutes grilling us about whether we were on drugs. No, of course not," Tordoff told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS.

Police spokesman Bill Palmer said detectives are investigating and that "police officers have to ask tough questions to decide where they have to look to find the bad guys."

He also said the victim's can file a complaint with police.

Tordoff and Tickner said their landlord has also agreed to install an outside security door on the house.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

It seems they still didn't learn their lesson. Yes, be happy with your big bad... security door

From their way of speaking they sound like high school dropouts or deadbeat college freshmen. "like... its totally lame dude, you know... like, why can't they just like, get jobs? they're so lame dude"

Also, I don't think its an unreasonable thing to think that it may have been drug related.

Seems to me they're really just angry at their own sheepleness and inability to learn, take responsibility, and be more serious about defending themselves.

Links