Women brings bow to gunfight - Page 2

Women brings bow to gunfight

This is a discussion on Women brings bow to gunfight within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Why didn't someone beat the poo out of her before she could draw the bow back?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Women brings bow to gunfight

VIP Member
    Why didn't someone beat the poo out of her before she could draw the bow back?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Good question. I'd say the guy who got shot didn't have good situational awareness, especially if he was up close talking to her.

Maybe he couldn't believe his eyes when she raised the bow to shoot. Maybe he thought nothing like that would happen at his office.

Or maybe he was going for the gun that fell, since that's when the report says he was shot with the arrow.

I don't know. All conjecture on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    he probably didn't take her seriously,until too late.she either had on armor or all these guys were trying to wound her or were bad shots,w/as many shots as were fired.
    i would like to know what it was all about...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Can someone explain to me why in so many of these cases, the perp isn't charged with attempted murder? That seems to me to be a no-brainer. I know that the BGs often plead down, yet, in many of these situations and the resulting legal activities, even the charges brought against them are less than attempted murder.

I don't get it.
    another good question..why after the buggers "survive" do we send them to the hospital with us footing the bill? Why don't they just let the bugger bleed out for crying out loud!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Well, we know what happens when police are alleged to have permitted someone to bleed out: Emil Matasareanu.
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

It just goes to show that if someone is intent on harming you, they will use what is at hand. People will still be injured or killed regardless of gun control laws. Todays high tech bows are far more accurate than any handgun. They are getting smaller and faster with technology. Will bows be the next "BAN"? It might save just "ONE" life.

Quote Originally Posted by trapper T View Post
    ...Todays high tech bows are far more accurate than any handgun. They are getting smaller and faster with technology. Will bows be the next "BAN"? It might save just "ONE" life.
    Heck, the 1980's bows were more accurate than handguns. Big and bulky maybe, but still punch a 1" hole at 20 yards all day, besides, ask Gen. Custer.

As for being banned, look to the UK for your crystal ball. Already have to be over 18 to purchase silverware. Since it is classified as a projectile launching item, it may be illegal over there now.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Can someone explain to me why in so many of these cases, the perp isn't charged with attempted murder?
    Attempted murder requires proof of intent to kill; here in TX, assault causing injury with a deadly weapon is in the same penalty group, yet needs only intent to cause harm. Much easier to prove, and same result.

Clearly wearing body armor as well as many times as she was shot by both employees and the LEOs
    No, not clearly and not even stated. We have no idea how many times she was struck by either. We have no idea where she was struck.

Heck, the 1980's bows were more accurate than handguns. Big and bulky maybe, but still punch a 1" hole at 20 yards all day, besides, ask Gen. Custer.
    Whilst the Native Americans used bows and arrows during Little Bighorn, their primary weapons were firearms (many better than those of the Calvary) and the bows and arrows that they had were nothing like those used more than a century later.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by socal2310 View Post
    Frankly, this is my favorite kind of story.

Assailant armed with easily manufactured but potentially lethal weapons (knives, arrows etc.), good guys armed with easily concealable handguns. Multiple shots fired by good guys with concealed firearms. No innocent bystanders hit with bullets.

There is no credible way for the Brady campaign to use this against us (well if the bad guy didn't have a gun... etc.).
    Ryan
    Wrong. The woman was schizophrenic and had just been released from a hospital. The local news gave the mic to the woman's mother and she proceeded to go on and on about what a tragedy it was that the gun toting CHL holders, and police didn't have enough training to deal with this poor poor mentally ill victim. The hospital was to blame for the first victim, and all too eager to kill, untrained gun owners are to blame for the second victim.

Damn, I thought we had a good one!

Oh well.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links